Day 5 + 6 NY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 25th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Home now and experiencing a little bit of post vacation blues. It really doesn't help when Jay Z's Empire State of Mind is blasting everywhere from radios to shopping malls STILL. *sigh*

so, day 5 - Thursday

I gotta think twice to recall if all these events really happened. It was a jam packed day.
highlights included - MOMA (we only went to the store because we didn't really understand a whole gallery of lines and circles) NBC tour, Yundi concert at Carnegie, and Top of the Rock.

NBC studio tour was fun. It was amazing to see how cameras make everything looked big and pretty. The actual studios were TINY. We saw the SNL stage -- yup, it was tiny tiny. Yundi was good of course. I believe Pris actually sneaked a picture or two of him playing even though taking pictures was prohibited. On a side note - Going to a Yundi concert is actually on my 'must do in this lifetime list', and same with watching a concert at Carnegie, so watching him at the Carnegie is like killing two birds with one stone. =D Good stuff, thanks to the wonderful Karen for stumbling across this! We went to Top of the Rock (Rockefeller center) because it was purchased along with the NBC tour package. NY night view, SO PRETTY (even though my camera could not capture what we saw).

How did we fit all that in one day?

day 6

it was day 6, right?
Finally saw Statue of Liberty (from a distance). We took the ferry to Staten Island just to see her. Took some pics, did some shopping, stopped by Time Square one last time and it was time to say 'Bye' to NY already. =*(

Beautiful British Columbia is definitely beautiful, but I miss all the people in NY.

Our host was more than wonderful. Much thanks ^__^

Will be back again someday.....soon =)





Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th May 2010

awwwww... I miss nyc =(

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb