Day 4 NY - tired


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 20th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We're actually staying in White Plains... just want to type that in because I'm tired of locating myself in Manhattan for the 3rd straight day.

Looks like our tiredness finally caught up to us. We woke up pretty late today and one of us is sick. Must've been from the rain and the wind yesterday. The weather was so BAD that it actually reminded me of home. Our first stop today was the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Spent the whole afternoon there. We had to prioritize because the place was so big and we didn't have enough time to see the entire museum. We picked Greek and Roman art, Asian art, and musical instruments (this room was awesome! filled with all kinds of unique instruments) We also saw a bit of the American Wing but we got kicked out when we stepped into the Picasso gallery. It was closing time already. Time flies...

We pretty much rushed to dinner because we had to catch Wicked at 8pm =)

Our meals today were simpler than the previous 2 days (I'm still mesmerized by the French cuisine) For lunch we grabbed a bagel and for dinner we went to Cosi,
Photo 8Photo 8Photo 8

Instrument room!!!
which is a deli/sandwich/pizza cafe. It was light and delicious! I'm craving for steak, and probably will have it tomorrow. We also plan to get some NY hot dogs. Drooling just thinking about it.

We had to speed walk to Wicked and it was soooo worth it. The show was amazing and I bought the CD.

We stopped by M&Ms world again...and I bought $12 worth of M&Ms. Multiple colours and sizes this time. yikes.

niteeeees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

think i was trying to take a pic of all the taxis.
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

these are batons..the things that conductors use. fancy stuff.
Photo 17Photo 17
Photo 17

stain glass window reminded me of maria holic+ so karen got a bleeding nose ;)


23rd May 2010

how good is wicked ?
Lucky you watching the Broadway production - I've seen the local Australia production of Wicked and thought that was already spectacular!
25th May 2010

Hello =) Wicked was AWESOME. We watched a total of 2 shows and I actually like Wicked more than Phantom. I would totally watch it again when I return someday. I heard Jersey Boys is worth watching as well. We didn't have enough time though. As for Les Halles, it was good too. The two french restaurants that we've been to -- Un, Deux, Trois, and Les Halles were the best meals of the entire trip =)

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb