A Knife, A Fork, A Bottle and A Cork


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 11th 2006
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

...thats the way you spell new york according to tex perkins...crazy man. Anyway we are still in NYC and the weather is fantastic! sunny and no wind at all...we have been walking around in t-shirts for the past few days.

in the end we decided against going to cleveland in favour of staying in, arguably, the best city in the world for the weekend. A decision we are both glad we made. Since out last entry we have done quite a lot. We went for a big walk around central park, and went to the Dakota building where the great John Lennon lived...and died. The door man showed us where he was shot. Its a beautiful building...apparently a small apartment there will set you back 10 million US so you prettty much have to be john lennon to be able to afford it. We, of course, also went to strawberry fields, the part of central park that is set aside to remember Mr. Lennon...and in some way funded by Yoko i think. We then walked along the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir...Jackie O was a great women so i reckon they could have named it the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Lake even though its not technically a lake but apparently the Hudson river is not technically a river...anyway its a nice part of the park nontheless...Then we arrived at the Trump (yes Trump) central park ice skating rink but we didnt have enough time to skate because we had to head off to Broadway...Geez that trump guy has lots of money.

We saw Phantom of the Opera and it was great 😊...Its the longest running show on broadway so they are pretty good at it by now...The most impressive part was how much special effect and mechanics are involved in the the staging of the show...it would be no small effort to put that particular play on....

We have a pool hall down in the lower East side which has become our regular...after a few nights there we are already known by the bar staff and getting free drinks...ahh free drinks they just taste so much better 😊

Thursday we went down to the staue of liberty but apparently you have to book in advance to actually go up it so we have booked it in for tuesday morning..cant wait.

After that we hopped on the subway and went up to Rockefellar Plaza...a place that many will recognizing as being where the american today show is shot...you know where they go outside and al rooker does the weather and there is always heaps of people there at some crazy hour of the morning with signs saying stuff like "Idaho loves the Today show"...you know stupid signs like that....anyway apart from that they have an ice skating rink....right in the middle of the plaza right in the centre of the city...that was awesome......it was pretty crowded to begin with but it was a lot of fun skating around with massive building everywhere around.

Today...Puddy went off to see a movie and i ventured up to see the United Nations building, then walked up to see Trump Tower...the original one..there seems to be heaps of other ones too...that guy...seriously has a lot of money...I watch the Apprentice so it was cool to see. The Tower is rigght in the expensive 5th avenue area so i went and had a look around Tiffany and Co. (i didnt buy anything) and the rest of the shops around there...tehn i went to a place that i have been wanting to go to since i got here...the Soup NAzi....people who watch Seinfield will know who i mean...ITs actually moved from its orignal spot and is now more central...the actuall dude doesnt work there day to day anymore but the soup is fantastic! The guy who served me was quite friendly...which well isnt what its supposed to be about...i was hoping to get a "No Soup For You!!" out of him 😊

Hope all are well 😊





Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb