Dave Stalks Celebrities (Penny)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 30th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

COSTA RICA ...COSTA RICA ...COSTA RICA ...

Here Dave comes!!!
What an eventful week it's been... Dave flies to Costa Rica on Tuesday, suspiciously coinciding his trip with the cast of 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here!'. Secret jungle-juice parties with Heidi and Spencer Pratt from 'The Hills'? Britney Spears also happens to be staying in Mel Gibson's Costa Rican ranch this week. Dave assures me he's oblivious to celebrities, but how do we explain his repeat sighting of Ryan Gosling in the East Village yesterday? Heading into a hookah bar - the dirty dog! Mere coincidence? I think not.

I've started work as a hostess at 'The Australian'. I sit on my stool, smile, and parade patrons to tables. Easy. Boring. Pays far more than bookselling, but I'm now juggling a work schedule 7 days a week from 7am starts to 11pm day ends.

On the 'real job' front, I had a fantastic interview with the most inspiring advertising company 2 weeks ago. They occupy the penthouse of a stunning building on Madison Avenue. Walking into the studio was like stumbling into a group beach house vacation in The Hamptons. Sun streamed through chinks of glass 360 degrees, an outdoor terrace beckoned, laid-back advertising types schlepped around
Lucky DaveLucky DaveLucky Dave

Costa Rica
with Mac laptops, crowding into the studio kitchen to make breakfast and gossiping about their weeks. Everyone was so young and exuberant. The only thing missing was a giant keg.

The job in question is a month-long temp assignment including travel to Utah (!) It also aligns perfectly with my dream of becoming a copywriter. I'll be given the opportunity to mingle with professionals on various accounts and hopefully prove my worth to their industry. Similar to the Soho job with the studio dogs, this advertising project has been put on hold by the client... till July. The Soho job may pop up again in June so I'm leaving it up to fate to decide my career course.

We move tomorrow. Thank god - a mouse ran under the fridge last night. Time to get outta here! In celebration of a real live address we've subscribed to magazines already. They are SO cheap over here. Vogue home-delivered every month for a year at only $15?! Rolling Stone for $15 and Lucky for $9.95 with a free handbag?! How could you not??

Feel free to clutter up our mailbox with hellos .... 62 West 71st Street, Apartment 4C, New York, NY 10023.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st May 2009

have a safe trip dave! just google mapped your new digs awesome!! pen jsut got your machine message- i was passed out when you called we had a big houseparty for marts birthday was so much fun. thanks so much for the call was great to hear your voice. will give u a call soon xxxxx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb