New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 28th 2007
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

What can you say? This place is amazing, amazing and faaaarking cold in January! We stayed at a hostel in Manhatten and didn´t really leave Manhattan the whole 4 days we were there. Like Vegas, that was not really long enough. Neither of us were prepared for the cold though and had to buy gloves and scarves. We spent most of our time just walking around or riding the subway around, it is definately a city that you ´feel´.

We saw Times Square and spent a while wandering there, went to Madison Square Garden and Stu was pumped as there was a Nicks Vs. Lakers game on so we tried for tickets to that but they had sold out. Got some half price tix to The Producers on Broadway and enjoyed the show, pretty good seats too, 7 rows back from the stage, on the isle. It snowed lightly a couple of times which was fun and makes the city look great. We were both a little dissapointed with the Statue of Liberty, it wasn´t as big as we thought, although the bloody security going over on the boat was outrageous!! More serious than at JFK airport!

We visited Ground Zero which was interesting. Very sad seeing all the fotos and reading the stories that go along with them. Also saw the plans for the big new ´Freedom Tower´...hahaha. Very impressive looking building but maybe a little over the top. Very New York tho I guess. Great city, could definately live there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

New YorkNew York
New York

Dodgey camera work mate...
New YorkNew York
New York

Gaz onto it again...hes got good taste that kid!


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb