Full day in the Apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 20th 2017
Published: December 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Late start, but woke refreshed and hungry. Down the road for a bagel, coffee, wifi and a brief attack plan. First stop was Magnolia Bakery near Central Park, because as EVERYBODY knows this is where the Sex in the City girls get their sweets from. One cupcake and thirty photos laters we walked back to Central Park via the Gateway to another world and the building that was attacked by Stay Puff in Ghostbusters! I am the Key Master!

Nice viewing of Central Park via both feet and horse drawn cart. Got the driver to take a nice photo of us and then his horse decided to walk off without him. Just as I was about to launch into my 'wild west runaway horse drawn cart routine' the dude hoped back in and continued the tour. What a jip.

Walked passed Park Plaza, apparently someone from Sex in the City got married or engaged or something there and into Tiffany and Co. with the smell of expense heavy in the air. After we lightened our bank account we headed on down Fifth Avenue and ticked another box by checking out the Rockefeller Centre. An all too quick look through Lego Shop and an extended venture into Nintendo world and the two kids were happy.

Another pub lunch and another burger at Sean's Bar put us into the twilight part of the day. We had to make a short trip back at 5th Ave Tiffany then a walk back down the picturesque streets inhaling the most amount of Christmas spirit in the world. After a quick stop at the apartment Bec and I went for some drinks in a pub with a work friend of Bec's, Olivia. Top night was had along with even Bec knocking back a couple of Bud Lite's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb