End of the Road...or Only the Beginning?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Long Island » JFK
May 30th 2015
Published: May 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

New York to Malaysia


Well, here we are. Our final day in the states before we jet off to (literally) the other side of the world! After our 9-hour delay in Baltimore (for a 45-minute flight), we've been spending a lazy couple of days in the eastern part of Long Island. Great food, great weather, great friends...we couldn't ask for a better send-off!

This whole month has been so memorable, from our killer going-away party in Colorado to our whirlwind cross-country trip to visit family and friends. Each and every one of you has done your part to make us feel loved, and believe us when we say that we're going to miss you more than you know! As the old saying goes, "Make new friends but keep the old, for one is silver, and the other gold." Undoubtedly we have lots of new friends and exciting experiences waiting for us in Malaysia, but it in no way diminishes the long-time relationships and memories we've made with everyone "back home."

Well, now that all that mushy-gushy stuff is out of the way, a few words of advice from my Uncle Bob: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff! (Actually, I don't have an Uncle Bob. And even if I did, I'm sure he wouldn't say something that dumb.) Oh boy. I'm not even on the plane yet and already my brain is malfunctioning. It's gonna be a looooooooooooooong two days...

So, without further ado, in just a few short hours we'll be heading to JFK airport in New York City, where we'll board our 16-hour flight to Taipei, Taiwan. After a 4-hour layover, we'll take a connecting 4-hour flight down to Kuala Lumpur, where some friends will be waiting for us at the airport. East Coast time, we'll arrive in Malaysia about 2am Monday morning (Mountain Time, midnight Sunday). For us, it'll be 2pm Monday, so we gain 12 hours during our 24-hour journey (don't worry, there's no quiz at the end of this). It'll take us a few days to recover from the jet lag, but expect our first update from our new home sometime next week!

Love you guys! Catch ya on the flip side...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb