New Mexico, Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Tularosa
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Toas New Mexico is beautiful arrived a little late so motels were scarce what was available were way to costly. When you arrive in Taos from the West the first thing you see is these funny little things sticking out of the little dirt humps in the ground. There are numerous homes buried under the humps. Beautiful when you look at them from the front side, all windows sticking out of the groung.

No motel so we head out of town up in the hills around 10,000 feet there is this cute little campground in the wooded area with a Conestoga Covered wagon in front. Not bad $17 a night with bathrooms and showers. Real tricky for Doug to back the camper in, all gravel and on a sloped hillside but it was the closests to the bathroom which is a good thing we found out as there were bears in the area. Doug grab the gun!!!

No restaurants in the area so we have a feast of left over salami and Ritz crackers, nummy. Oh ya we did have an apple to share that should take care of all the food groups.

Old fellow across the campsite came over to check out the camper said it was "the best thing since they put pockets on shirts". Well, there you have it.

Early to bed as the mosquitos are thick here. Oh my the camper seems to be leaning a bit, oh well propped it up the best we could with what flat rocks we could find. I'lll take the high side and Doug you take the low. As we were taking the southern route across country where it is hot we only took a light blanket, wasn't quite enough. Slept with our clothes on and snuggled the best we could as we seem to be rolling down hill a bit. After much shivering I didn't to go to the bathroom, of course I won't go alone with the bears out there. Doug please wake up and take me. There are so many stars out when there aren't any street lights. Ouch watch out for that stump. Doug don't leave me here wait for me. Back to bed snuggle, fall asleep, after about what seems like we were asleep 10 minutes need to turn over that side is numb, did that most of the night probably got about 3 hours sleep if we were lucky.

Got up early packed up and hit the road to find some hot coffee.

What can we say about Texas ..... Hot! Hot! Hot!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb