On to Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
June 28th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are ready to leave Santa Fe by 9am and we headed up to Taos. Overall, I can see why folks like Santa Fe but we were ready to leave. We landed in Taos by 11am and checked into the Taos Valley RV Park which was better than Santa Fe but still not all that great. We knew we wouldn’t spend too much time there so it was okay but I am ready for a nice campground where you would want to hang out and other people do.

My parents hotel, El Monte Sagado is fantastic; beautiful waterfalls, running water, an indoor pool that was amazing, and a suite with a deck on the waterfall. The kids would spend the two nights in Taos in the suite and Ed and I would get a bit of a break. We had lunch and then headed up to the Taos Pueblo a mile away. We took a small guided tour and then wandered a bit. It was really fascinating to hear the stories of how The People lived there, both historically and today. We shopped in some of their craft shops that were open and got to speak to a few of the people that are part of the tribe.

We hooked up with my Aunts and Uncles for a last dinner (that took awhile to find) at Lamberts where we learned that New Mexico dining can take a bit but tastes great. It was good to have everyone together and then we said our goodbyes and see you in one month in Pennsylvania (family reunion). Then the kids went home with Mom and Dad and I and Ed went back to the RV by ourselves (yahoo!).



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb