Day Two and Rocking


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
September 21st 2011
Published: September 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Good morning all!

And what a beautiful New Mexico morning it is! Today is the team's day of rest (although I wouldn't say "rest" considering Linda has it jammed packed with goodies galore). let us take you back a day or so....when the unicorns roamed the earth and our team was working on our family's home.

Yesterday was a hot one and the sun was exceptionally bright and shining down. Took a bit of a toll on some of us admittedly, but the shade of the "car port" (Amber learned a new term) helped quite a bit.

The day consisted of time spent back on the roof by the majority of the team. Tasks included vacuuming (Kim and Peggy conquered their fear of heights and vacuuming), insulated the vents with tarp covering, and David (Dave A. goes by "David") sprayed mold retardant. A bunch of us were on the GROUND hauling insulation for a second day, and subsequently were covered in gold shimmery fiberglass. If we never see insulation again, it will be too soon.

We worked until mid afternoon and made a run back to the hotel to clean up and hop into the caravan of cars to check out the Enchanted Circle tour (make sure to Google this....pretty neat). Mark was the official tour guide given his son is a resident of Angel Fire (Mark's pretty awesome - it's like having an encyclopedia in the car with you). We stopped at Red River so the shoppers could check out some of the local fare, then onto the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial (beautiful in the evening), and then for din din we hit up a local Mexican restaurant (again, recommended by our "activity director" Mark). The Enchanted Circle was full of magnificent views and we were very glad to get to see most of it in the sun light.

As a side note, we have three trusted drivers (Dave W., Rudi, and Gary) and they did a fabulous job navigating the windy roads in the mountains! Thanks for keeping us safe, guys!

In the evening a few of us ended up at the historic Taos Inn for a night cap (75 years old - oldest in town). Overall it was a great day.

Tonight the bloggers are hoping to get some photos up (the computer isn't all that trustworthy) so stay tuned. Thanks for following and feel free to share with others.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb