A Day of Play in Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
October 28th 2021
Published: November 1st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Because we missed out on our meal at Maria’s, hot chocolate at Kakawa’s, a stop at the Santa Fe School of Cooking and a walk around the plaza, we decided to go to Santa Fe for the day. As the Taos Diner was open today, we stopped for breakfast before heading out.

For the drive down to Santa Fe we decided to take the high road, this road goes thru the mountains and we thought there might be some nice photo opts. Sure enough, we did find a couple of beautiful spots with views of the snow-covered mountains in the background. And for fun, my son Justin had loaned me his telephoto lens so I played with that as well.

We finally got to Santa Fe about 1pm so went straight for our chocolate drink fix. I always love the Aztec but this time opted for the chocolate with chili. Dale got the decadent rich chocolate drink. We bought to split later a spicy brownie, regular brownie, white chocolate covered macaroon and one covered with dark chocolate. We were trying to save what appetite we had for Maria’s.

A fun stop for us was at the plaza. We love plazas, be it in New Mexico or Italy, they are just nice places to walk thru or sit with a cup of coffee. The plaza in Santa Fe was decorated with long ristras giving it a festive look.

We had decided to get some items from the Native American’s selling around the Governor’s Palace and as we shopped decided to get all of the grandkids Christmas presents in New Mexico. I loved choosing items for several of the grandkids directly from the person who made the item. Hopefully, they will appreciate the items as well.

We ran out of time to shop at the Santa Fe School of Cooking but after a phone call, I was told that they did not have any of the bean pots. Mine developed cracks from high use so I’ll need to have one shipped. But this meant that we could go to Maria’s.

It was getting dark when we left Santa Fe which meant no photos. But we were fat and happy! And had a good start on Christmas shopping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.533s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb