August 5th, 6th & 7th Moab,UT to Albuquerque,NM to Bay St. Louis,MS via Texas and Oklahoma


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

August 5th, 6th & 7th

MAKING OUR WAY HOME

August 5th
Moab, UT to Albuquerque,NM
OK. We have decided that we need to start heading back home. We miss everybody too much! Phil put on his driving cap and we got on the road. The first day we drove from Moab, UT to Albuquerque,NM via Colorado. We were pretty much on a missiononly stopping a few times to stretch our legs. I was comfortably hunkered down with my pillows and a book. We did stop in Durango, CO and walked around a bit. It is another adventure town but not quite like Moab. It is a little more upsacle and yuppyish.

We stopped for the night about 10:00 in a lovely Walmart parking lot. They work out great when you are getting in late-and you get a free place to camp -with all night security! We drove 378 miles today

August 6th
Albuquerque, NM to Terrell, TX
Another big day planned on the road. We just drove and drove today. Phil did catch something in a field off the side of the road and we turned around to find the Cadillac Ranch. Some art guy put a bunch of cars nose up in a field so people could go out and paint on them. A lilttle weird but I have seen it on a record album cover somewhere in my past. Once into Texas we then passed into Oklahoma and back into Texas again. We haven't gone thru too many cities but those we have we've managed to hit at rush hour. This was no exception with Dallas. It was late but the traffic was horrible and there were Dallas Cowboy signs everywhere! We again stopped for the night late in Terrell, TX not too far outside Dallas. 773 miles today!

August 7th
Terrell, TX to Bay Saint Louis, MS
Well you can definitely tell we are getting back east. The heat combined with the humidity is back! Although so is the green trees and water so I'm happy with that. Another long day planned. We went from Texas into Louisianna and on to Mississippi. Louisianna has some crazy food-livers, gizzards, boudin balls-all sold at convienience stores! We stopped around 8:00 at the Mississippi Welcome Center for a break and Phil realized we had a flat tire on the back inside wheel. We hadn't noticed before since there are dual wheels back there. The welcome center was real nice with a security guard and actual spaces for RVs to park overnight so we decided to call roadside assistance from there. That's where the fun began. They said they couldn't come out without permission from the RV company but they couldn't get a hold of them. Back and forth phone calls until about midnight but with no luck. We just settled in for the night and waited until morning. 517 miles today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb