Quantum of the Seas Review


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
November 28th 2014
Published: November 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It's official! Royal Caribbean Oasis Class and Celebrity Solstice Class have given birth to a bouncing new ship christened Quantum of the Seas! They have definitely out wowed themselves with this magnificent vessel!
The new cruise terminal in Bayonne made check-in a breeze without the traditional lineups. Plenty of agents all around the terminal to get you checked in. You get your key at the entrance to your room and a handy dandy wristband awaits you inside. No more wondering where to put that key card when in a bathing suit!
The staterooms are beautifully designed with such well thought out storage spaces. And the virtual balcony concept eliminates that "claustrophobic concern" for those on a budget. The studio staterooms not only have a balcony, but can even accommodate a single parent and child at great savings! The public spaces are open, airy and filled with the most amazing artwork. Two 70 has broken the mold for a multi-purpose venue that was one of my personal favorites on the ship. And I LOVE that big red bear who stands guard over the ship on the top outside deck.! Dynamic dining really knocked my socks off. Comfort food at American Icon Grill was a big hit, especially the buffalo Mac and cheese! And I had a sea bass at Chic that has rivaled the same dish on a 5-star cruise line. I didn't get a chance to try Grande or Silk, but their menus looked just as delicious. For specialty dining, the Gastro Pub Michael's serves up scrumptious appetizers washed down with a size able craft beer list. Jamie Oliver's Italian had some of the best calamari and prosciutto I've tasted outside of Italy! Activities are a blast! Thrill rides on Northstar and I-Fly are unlike anything else at sea, and the bumper cars really had some gas to them! What fun zipping around on those...I felt like a kid again! The Music Hall Theater was a great late night happening spot that features tribute bands. And the Mama Mia production was as good if not better than the one I saw on Broadway. The cast exploded with energy and talent. Two days wasn't enough! I have already booked an 8-day cruise with friends in March, so I can truly experience everything the ship has to offer. I can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb