Family Camp


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
September 5th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Family Camp CounsellorsFamily Camp CounsellorsFamily Camp Counsellors

Huddled together cos it was so cold!
Well, the official 8 weeks of camp came to a close, as I already told you, and after our 48 hours in South Jersey, 13 of us came back to camp from Sunday - Wednesday as families of kids with diabeties arrived.

Family camp lets the mum, dad and any brothers and sisters, along with the diabetic (who is generally too young to come to regular camp, or newly diagnoised kids) come to camp and see what it is like before coming to regular camp.

The 4 days are really chilled. The family looks after the diabieties side of the kids, and the counsellors are there to take the kids on activites while the parents have medical meetings to discuss how they deal with the condition at home and work.

The one downfall about this camp..the temperature never rose above 15C and it rained the whole time.
The parents kept saying to me.."I bet you feel at home?" that got a little tiering after a while!

The kids were so sweet though. all around 4-8 years old. So much better behaved than the regular summer kids.

We played loads of indoor games, by the open fire..which
Me and the guysMe and the guysMe and the guys

Pre gaming in an apartment before going to the bars.
we had to light at breakfast because it was so cold.

Not much else to report.

But on Wednesday, as camp came to a close, Pat and I headed with T.J. D.J and Casey back to there town, Toms River (again) for a couple of nights of partying.

The final day down there was interesting. Pat had to go to JFK airport to meet his girlfriend, who was visiting. he left the house at 8am to catch a direct shuttle to JFK. The next thing we know is he is walking back in through the door at 9am saying the shuttle, doesn't exist.

So, we jump in the car and T.J drives Pat (A girl called D, and myself come for the ride) to JFK. A fun 3 hour round road-trip.

That afternoon I, myself, head for NYC to stay with Danny. He lives just outside The Projects on the lower eastside of Manhattan. Very ghetto!

I was there 4 nights, and the weekend nights we hit the bars and clubs of the city. It was great fun and I met all his mates (check out the pictures)

On Wednesday the 29th I
Drawing funDrawing funDrawing fun

Jackie and Taylor..the sweetest 4 year old you will ever meet
headed, by train to Philladelphia




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ClubbingClubbing
Clubbing

Danny and I in the VIP area of a club. We didn't have to pay a penny for drinks. Shame entry was £15!
The barThe bar
The bar

In a bar called The Crime Scene..having a FEW drinks


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb