The Sutherland Family Reunion


Advertisement
Published: April 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Although not a "typical" travel blog, I feel as if our reunion with the Sutherland Family warrants a blog. After many years of not seeing our cousins, Mark and Lewis, we met up with their families for lunch. Mark and Deena have two amazing children. Moriah, who is a an obvious actress and intellect with a personality that lights up the room. Drew is tall, dark and handsome and will make some girl very happy one day. Lewis and Cici also have two incredible children. Jessica, who should audition for America's Next Top Model and obviously has a heart of gold for her family. Nicolas, the little guy, is a comedian in the making. We were lucky to reaquaint ourselves with my cousins' aunts on the other side of the family ... Diane and Jeanie, friends of my parents and both amazing women.

My cousins have changed very little. I still remember Lewis with his huge ball of tinfoil that he hid from us and Butter Mc-something or other, the little red ape he also hid from us as kids. Mark still has that same laugh, the one that makes you crack up and the ability to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. Our memories of their childhood house .... my Aunt Vicki brewing super strong coffee, Uncle Larry making terrible jokes, the red carpet in the living room and Ralph, the huge dog with the funny nose.

Family is important and too often we don't spend the time with them when we have it. I hope this reunion will keep us in touch and we wont let too many more years pass by.

PS ... to those who have never seen my blog, Summer 2008 of my travels is on here. Mark, Lusanne is a few entries down!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb