Walpole, New Hampshire


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
October 2nd 2013
Published: October 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

October 2, 2013

Our hosts at the Sweet Serenity B&B in Randolph, VT, served us a great breakfast of eggs, bacon, corned beef hash, biscuits, fruit, and the best homemade applesauce ever! These people were so nice, we felt like we were visiting dear relatives.

We arrived at our friends' home in Walpole, NH, before noon. Their home was built in 1834 and is full of character. We packed sandwiches and drove back into Vermont to hike up to the "Pinnacle" for a knock your socks off view of the VT mountains. Later, Joe and I spent a couple of hours walking around Walpole and the area around it and visiting some shops. Then it was back to Ted and Colleen's home for gin and tonics and good conversation. We four then went to dinner at an inn in Saxon's River, VT. I've lost count of how many times we've gone back and forth between Vermont and New Hampshire in the past few days. Doesn't matter, they look pretty much the same...lovely!



So many of these small New England towns are charming. Here's Bethel, VT.



Hike to the Pinnacle




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Pinnacle Trail, VTPinnacle Trail, VT
Pinnacle Trail, VT

Colleen and Judy
Joe, Ted, Colleen and RajahJoe, Ted, Colleen and Rajah
Joe, Ted, Colleen and Rajah

Yes, that is a dog. I think he's the biggest dog I've ever seen and he's a sweetheart.
Walpole, New HampshireWalpole, New Hampshire
Walpole, New Hampshire

Temps were close to 80 today.
Walpole, New HampshireWalpole, New Hampshire
Walpole, New Hampshire

Ted is a river runner so this greeted us in our bedroom...the river runner's "groover"...ammo can and toilet seat.


3rd October 2013

Lovely
Trees are turning nicely. I think we were there maybe a week later. Even more color. That is I ONE BIG DOG!!

Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.2071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb