New Hampshire & Boston - Jim Colyer


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
January 5th 2008
Published: January 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My parents and I journeyed to my sister's house in Nashua, New Hampshire in September, 1987. We spent time in Massachusetts. The trip marked my first experience in New England.

From Nashua, the ride down to Boston is a short one. We wasted no time getting to the suburbs of Lexington and Concord. This is where the American Revolution began in 1775. We drove by Lexington Green and proceeded along the battle route to the Minute Man statue and the North Bridge, famous for "the shot heard 'round the world." The resistance here caused the inevitable break with England.

"We are standing at the heart of American history," I thought. Thoreau's cabin on Walden Pond was nearby.

In Boston, we took in the Old North Church and Paul Revere's home. Two lanterns hanging in the church steeple indicated that the enemy was approaching by sea. The British planned to confiscate ammunition stored at Concord. A friend of Paul Revere's gave the signal. Revere was a goldsmith.

We took in the New England Aquarium by Boston Harbor.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb