Days 6 - NH to Boston MA


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BBB GirlsBBB GirlsBBB Girls

Roo, Karen, Sarah & Deb
Day 6 – Saturday - Nashua, New Hampshire

Let's see, an early (ish) start for us, as we were supposed (SUPPOSED) to meet Karen at 8am. But after a case of missing sneakers (Kalea's not mine lol) and a runaway dog Roo & I were marvelling that Karen hadn't yet called us as we finally pulled out of Roo's place already 20 minutes late (that is until Roo discovered her cell phone was off hahaha).

We finally met up with Karen (and her 10 month old Jocelyn) at Dunkin Donuts (mmmmm great breakfast rolls and iced coffees ha!). So Dean rode with Roo (and Kalea & Makena) and I rode with Karen & Jocelyn up to Deb's place in Nashua NH.

Now, have to admit, I was wondering if Karen & I would have enough to talk about on the 3 hour drive....but alas, I guess i'm just a blabber mouth, as as usual we had no problems filling the conversation ahha.

(Oh and by the way i am YET to see a chipmunk but we did see two deer on the side of the road, and a tinsy bit of left over snow lol).
Dean & KaleaDean & KaleaDean & Kalea

Kalea was absolutley smitten with Dean!!!


I guess we arrived at Deb & Andres' place around midday (and for the non BBB readers of this blog - YES Deb is another "internet" friend - Roo & Karen had met her before but of course I hadnt!).

We had a super yummmmy lunch (thanks Deb - and i'll let her do the full details of the menu on BBB) and sat out on the deck most of the afternoon just gas bagging and watching the kids play.

Us girls also were most amused watching Andres finishing off a project - he ripped out an old set of stairs and constructed and fitted some new ones.

Karen & R0o headed back home later in the afternoon and Deb, Andres, Dean & I did some more gossipping and catching up. We were joined by Deb's friend Marcia for dinner (who was an absolute hoot, she kept us in stiches) and oh my goodness, dinner was to die for!!!! (Pork loins mmm) and was acccompanied by my favorite NZ wine (which Andres is just obsessed with) - Cloudy Bay (Mike B, Mike K & Peter will know what i'm talking about - it's a favorite for
KaleaKaleaKalea

With her leaf and cute sunglasses
us at Coco's!).

Oh - I also got to try Deb's fammmous Milky Way Martini - yummmmm it was so delish! Oh - and of course Andres & Dean played some table tennis too!!!

All in all our stay in NH was super fun and i'm so glad us four girls were able to catch up - Mart, we MISSED YOU!!!!!


"Dean's Details"Apparently American kids love me just as much as Aussie ones do - and that is of course whether I want them to or not! Oh yeh, and "internet people" aren't the freaks I thought they may be!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

MummysMummys
Mummys

Karen with Jocelyn and Roo with Kalea
Boys will be boysBoys will be boys
Boys will be boys

Andres with his project and Dean giving a helping hand
Click clikClick clik
Click clik

Roo doing what she does best
SistersSisters
Sisters

Kalea & Makena
Deb & SarahDeb & Sarah
Deb & Sarah

With our Milk Way Martinis mmmm


7th May 2007

Must be so great to finally meet everyone! You all look like you're having a fantastic time!
7th May 2007

everybody loves dean!!!
Not just the kids Dean we all had a great time with you!! Kalea asked for you both already lol.. I'll show her the pictures and the blog in the am!! Hope Boston is treating you well!!
7th May 2007

We loved having you! (and Dean too of course!)
Sarah - it was so great to meet you and Dean. We had a great time - Andres was so glad to have another guy around to play ping pong with! It sounds like you enjoyed Boston - it was cold yesterday...when we got back home it was about 10 degrees warmer. Oh I got 2 pairs of shoes since we were so close to Boston - we just had to go to Filene's Basement! Have fun at the Cape today. :)
7th May 2007

Man how awesome! Sounds like you are having a great time! What the hell does BBB stand for? BTW VERRRY interested in that milky way martini - make sure you've got the recipe for when u get back home roomie. Have fun!

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb