Day Sixteen, Seventeen - Bishop, Death Valley and Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
June 1st 2012
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Las Vegas after a hot day of driving. We drove through Death Valley, which is the hotest and lowest place in North America. It reached 120˚F today (49˚celsius). It was intense! We're staying at Circus Circus hotel and Casino. It's a busy place. The internationals all experienced their first drive through car wash, which was much needed after camping in Tahoe and then Yosemite. Speaking of Yosemite, the car was attacked by a bear, and we have proof! The bear pulled the passenger door away from the frame at the top. Luckily, in Bishop, CA the host of our campsite was able to bend the door back 😊.



There have definitely been some interesting people along the way. For instance, the naked Cherokee indian man we met this morning at the hot spings in Bishop who told us all about the history of the land there. Terry, our camp host in Yosemite who couldn't hear or speak so well, but had many a story about bears, and of course our Chicago hosts who each had some eccentricities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Bear Footprints!Bear Footprints!
Bear Footprints!

It was a baby bear...


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb