Accelerated Adrenaline Rush in Nevada


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sitting on red rock...Sitting on red rock...Sitting on red rock...

25 minutes into the tour, we realized it was easy to walk up the rock for an excellent photo op.
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

I've visited Las Vegas so many times in the last 6 years, I cannot possibly offer any new stories with you. On Friday morning, I jogged 5+ miles from Venetian, past Mandalay Bay, to the I-15 entrance and came back. We dined at Bouchon in Venetian (though the foie gras was good, everything else was overrated) on Friday night and T-Bones Chopshop (excellent rib eye steaks) at Red Rock Casino (20 miles from the strip).

My most enjoyable part of the weekend came on Saturday morning where 8 of us had arranged to head over to Valley of Fire State Park (50 miles from Vegas; near Lake Mead) and rent ATV's for 3 hours. Mind you, I had never been on a motorbike, let alone an ATV before so I had no clue what I was doing. And, I was leader of the pack for all of three minutes because I was going so damn slow. But, eventually, I picked up the pace and became very comfortable. Also, it was HOT.

In addition to us 8 guys, our party included a local events planning company who were doing this as
Our ATV'sOur ATV'sOur ATV's

Taking a break for another photo op.
a team-building exercise. We had fun and enjoyed each other's company overall. The tour came with unlimited bottled water (just to stay hydrated was a challenge, though we did this first thing in the morning) as well as gourmet sandwiches for lunch.

If any of you are interested in renting ATV's for your next trip to Vegas, we highly recommend using Adrenaline ATV Tours (http://www.atvlasvegas.com). Enjoy the pictures!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Valley of FireValley of Fire
Valley of Fire

Enjoying the scenery...
Foghorn sheepFoghorn sheep
Foghorn sheep

An intro to yet another new animal for me...


27th June 2007

nice pix
hey manny, yeah riding atvs are fun. i tried them for the first time when I was in cabo san lucas a few years ago for a friend's bachelor party weekend. we headed out for most of the day and took the atvs out by the dunes and by the beach. it was a lot of fun and it was actually pretty easy to drive. i'd definitely do it again.

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb