A Stop in Reno


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Reno
August 4th 2019
Published: August 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The grandkids love the Peppermill in Reno. They love the Tower rooms, the café, the buffet, and the pools. When we are going thru Reno at the beginning of a trip, they all clamor to stay one night there. This was no exception.

We pulled into the Peppermill parking lot, as we have many times before and found a place to park our RV and truck. We all got out of the truck and were going to pack up an overnight bag quickly and hopefully check in early so that kids could start swimming.

As we were walking to the RV security came over and told us we could not park there, or in any of their lots. We were thrown off guard, we’d always parked in their lot, and besides, we were parked next to another RV.

Well, it turns out we were there on “Hot August Nights” a huge classic car meet that occurs in all of Reno. We were really angry at first because they gave us no options, but then we had to realize that security was only doing their job.

As we waited for the manager, we were talking with the security woman and it turns out that she grew up fairly close to our city. She then said that we should park on the street right by the lot, that security would be checking the street that night. She also pointed out which spot would likely be the safest.

We re-parked the RV/truck, packed out bags and went off for some fun.

The 3 kids swam to their hearts desire, watched TV while bathing, and felt very glamorous.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.476s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb