Love and Laughter


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Laughlin
February 10th 2014
Published: February 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our GangOur GangOur Gang

l-r: Charlie, Turner, Pat, Kerry, Linda, Nancy
Fri, 7 Feb, 2014

We left Lone Pine and drove south to Mojave, then west through Tehachapi to Bakersfield. In places the wind was so strong we could feel the gusts against the truck and the camper. Along Hwy 58 there were empty soda cans and tumbleweeds blowing uphill. Around Tehachapi the dark clouds made everything look brown and dirty. Once we got to see Pat and Turner in Bakersfield, everything was sunshine again. We had so much fun laughing and catching up over pizza and adult beverages. Later we watched Jay Leno’s final Tonight Show, which Pat had recorded, and cried along with him.

Saturday, 8 Feb

Nancy and Linda both arrived this morning and we had more laughs over bagels and scones and gallons of coffee. What fun to be with favorite cousins after being apart for a year or more. After grazing all morning, we started on an early dinner of taco salad fixin’s. Mmm, beef, chicken, guacamole, salsa, lots of green salad, beans, sour cream, pico de gallo; it was all scrumptious. So then we nibbled at that all afternoon. Nancy had to leave mid afternoon to get home before dark and we hated
Last look at the big mountainsLast look at the big mountainsLast look at the big mountains

before leaving Lone Pine
to say goodbye. Linda stayed the night, so we got a real good visit with her.

Sunday, 9 Feb

After Pat and Turner got back from church we all went for brunch at the Village Grill. We had a pretty good wait for a table, then had to wait a while for our food, the place was that busy. Then it was back to the house for more laughter and talking. Linda had to leave to get back to her house and we ate some more of the taco salad goodies. Our dear Monica came and ate with us and we laughed and joked until our faces hurt. The rest of the evening was spent watching the Beatles’ 50th anniversary of their appearance on Ed Sullivan’s show. I guess we all remembered seeing that show.

Mon, 10 February 2014

We tried to get out early so Pat wouldn’t be too late for work. We stopped at Walmart on our way and replenished food and paper goods before heading east. At Tehachapi the fog was very heavy before turning into rain. Once we crossed the mountains there, it cleared up.

Tonight we’re at Laughlin, NV, at a casino campground. We’ve had a good cheap supper and lost some money, so now we’re ready to call it a night.



Thanks again Pat and Turner for your hospitality. You truly made us feel loved and welcome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Turner Turner
Turner

He's trying to figure out how to take a picture with Pat's phone
Wind FarmWind Farm
Wind Farm

between Tehachapi and Mojave. They were really turning.


11th February 2014

Miss you...
Yes we had an an extraordinary time as Kerry would say! I love you both and alreasdy cant wait till we see you again. So sorry you ran into fog and glad it cleared. We hope you hace clear roads the rest of the way home...Love you, love you muy bueno:)
12th February 2014

Fun visit
Hi, So glad we got to visit, and laugh, and catch up. Enjoy the rest of your trip; Travel safe. Love you guys!

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 18; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb