Trip from Mesquite to Apache Junction


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Laughlin
November 30th 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Trailer DamageTrailer DamageTrailer Damage

As you can see we had to upgrade the twist ties to some wire Ron found in the back
We stayed 3 Days in Mesquite and enjoyed the down time. When we left 1 hour was spent at the car wash just getting all the dirt off our trailer and truck. It was a beautiful day for our short drive to Laughlin Nevada.

It was great to drive on good roads,no wind,no snow ,no rain. The scenery here is beautiful all the way to Las Vegas mountains on both sides desert in between. And then there was Vegas even though we planned not to stop here it was still exciting and very tempting to go to my favourite Italian restaurant "mmmmm"the chicken with lemon sauce is amazing. I remember coming here for the 1st time it was so small we just drove in and the Flamingo was only 2 floors.Now the road in is, I do not know how many lanes, all going in different directions over us and under us. It makes you feel very small,and with a 30ft 5th wheel behind us that is hard to do.

Not sure how long it took to get through Vegas but before we knew it we were back into open country and on our way to Laughlin.We had a
Casablanca CasinoCasablanca CasinoCasablanca Casino

As we were leaving our 3 day spot in Mesquite,I decided to share the view with you. After all that snow you can see this was a refreshing break.
huge mountain range to go up and eventually we started to go down and it was a high grade all the way to the Colorado river..Laughlin is like the old Vegas. The only thing is it is situated in a beautiful valley with the river running right through it,looked like there were about 5 or 6 large casinos and they were all along the river.

We pulled into Riverside Casino and went in for buffet. It was abeautiful restaurant with floor to ceiling right on the river. All though the meal we watched 6 ducks swimming and eating at the shore, and a fisherman in a little boat fighting the current.

We checked into the RV resort which was around $20 a night for full services,it had 700 sites so the walk down the hill took sometime. We went down to an Outlet mall and walked around there and then up the small strip. I wish I had taken a picture as they had a Casino that looked like a paddlewheel riverboat right on the river. We enjoyed and evening at Riverside Casino(of course we lost) and then a good walk back up the hill to our trailer.
Las VegasLas VegasLas Vegas

It is hard to get a picture of the crazy feeway here. I liked this the best,the roadsign is Pheonix to the left or Reno to the right. There is snow in Reno so to the left we go.


The next blog we will be in Pheonix.








Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Laughlin NevadaLaughlin Nevada
Laughlin Nevada

The Colorado River is in the background,the building to the right is the casino where we had such a great seat in the restaurant.In the front is my honey with the"Hurray up and take the picture" look on his face.
Riverside RV ResortRiverside RV Resort
Riverside RV Resort

This was a beautiful RV Resort,all on the side of a hill,overlooking the town.At night the lights were beautiful.We spent a couple of hours in the Casino and had a lovely walk to our trailer around 10PM


Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb