City of Lights...Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 2nd 2016
Published: July 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The first night in Las Vegas we went to the calmer side, Circus Circus (does offer free parking), it reminded us of a larger scale Chuck E Cheese's with a tone of kids games that give out tickets, but it also had a small indoor amusement park and of course a casino. The circus act was nothing like it was when I came before, it is a small area with very limited seating that has a three minute show every half hour or so. Next to Circus Circus is all fenced off many buildings were either being tore down or being restored. For almost two blocks there was nothing but Trump tower in the near distance. From Circus Circus we made it into Fashion Show Mall which had everything of a normal mall just larger. On the way back we walked into a 7-Eleven on the strip for a much needed Slurpee. We have to say walking this side of town did not feel that safe. Some how we are way off schedule and had not eaten dinner yet so we headed home but not much was open for dinner since it was around 11:00 so we went to Del Taco and I have to say I wish we had one in Brandon it was surprisingly delicious.

The next night we parked for free at the Caesars Palace which was right in the heart of everything. This was actually one of my top picks if I was going to stay right on the strip. From here we walked about two or three miles down and went into many casinos, Hershey Store, Coca Cola Store, and M&M Store. We watched a 3D movie at the M&M Store that was cute. I thought the best part was on the walk back when we watched the fountain at the Bellagio, but Daisy preferred to watch the many street performers. Unfortunately with all the chaos and crowds it was overwhelming and we ready to go back to the seclusion of our trailer.

On the 4th of July we went to Albertson's, bought snow crab legs and lobster and enjoyed our seafood fest. After we went out into the large soccer field behind the campground to enjoy an abundance of fireworks, it was a special day.

It is interesting how much cheaper items are here then at home. Eggs and milk are half the price as at home. Meat, fruit and vegetables are much cheaper; we have not paid $3.99/lb for snow crab in years. Fuel is all over in comparison to home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb