Another lazy day in Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 28th 2016
Published: May 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

So, we want to go to one of the hotels and use their pool so we get everything together, pack a couple of beach bags, get some drinks together and then it rains! So we abandon that idea and decide to just go see the hotel pools instead. Get to Wynn and spend far too long just walking round it trying to find them! The place is huge and very confusing. Find a bar outside which has a waterfall backdrop and the bloody sun comes out! It's lovely so we sit and have a drink. Get talking with a lovely couple behind us who are very friendly, but it soon becomes clear we have very differing views on certain things, namely Trump! We have met a few people who not only think he can win, but also support him! Obama is not favourably looked upon by the majority, which is really shocking, but people think he hasn't delivered and are not happy.

I'm getting hungry, but we don't want a full meal so I suggest to Hugh that we go over the Fashion Show, which is a huge shopping mall and see what they have there and we find a Panda Express, which is a take away Chinese. You choose one basic with 3 sides for $10! Just what we need for a little filler. And really lovely food! Come out of Fashion Show and the heavens have opened! It is absolutely bucketing it down. Like a monsoon! We later find out that the week we are there is the worst weather they have had in ages! We literally bring the English weather with us!

So, we go back into the store and Hugh suggests I get my Pandora bracelet looked at now while it's raining. I point out that I was going to do that tomorrow while he was asleep, but he says we might as well while it's raining as we can't do anything else! So, we look up where it is and walk over. The place is huge! And typically, the Pandora shop is right at the back, a good 10 minute walk away! We get there and the girl puts my bracelet in the cleaning machine. It went all funny at Coachella and we come to the conclusion that the showers must have had chlorine in the water as this is the only thing that would make it go that colour. While we are waiting I spot the charms with the dice on and inquire and so the sales girl literally begins her pitch and i can not resist! She offers me a bracelet, spacers and $50 of charms for $150! That is so much cheaper than our bracelets and has charms we can not get! She quickly realises that I am from the UK and points out that we can not buy Disney in the uk as they only sell them in the US. I was aware of this, but had forgotten and so now we are going though all the Disney charms! There are far too many and they are all lovely too! I settle on Mickey Mouse as it's plain like I like and it symbolises Florida for me. So, from getting my bracelet cleaned I ended up with a bracelet, 2 spacers and 3 charms! Well that was an expensive storm!!

We go and have quick look at the other hotels further up, but we running out of time and so we scoot back to the apartment and get changed and go back to the strip to The Mirage hotel because we have tickets to see Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love show! I have always wanted to see this show but they do not take it on tour and it only shows at Vegas.



Cirque du Soleil is a show I have seen a few times and always love. The Beatles Love is very different to what I was expecting! But still absolutely stunning. This show is more about the visuals than the circus stunts. It's more like a musical dance extravaganza with dancing and visuals and special effects. It's no wonder they can't take it on tour as I could imagine the logistics would be a nightmare! The performers come down from the ceiling and the floor moves constantly! Imagine trying to do that at the Royal Albert Hall! Not possible! The entire stage comes up from the floor and is a god 5-6 meters high. They drop huge sheets of organza from the ceiling and project the Beatles talking onto them. They have the guys talking throughout the show as the story progresses. It's really clever editing from existing material. I come out thoroughly excited and pleasantly surprised at the surprise of it being so different. I would thoroughly recommend going!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb