Downtown Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 27th 2016
Published: April 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So Wednesday saw another lazy morning and then we went to The Mob Museum for the afternoon, we thought it would take maybe an hour to get around, but even after 3 hours we could've stayed longer! It was amazing. All about how the mob started and the influence they had on the US and how involved they were with Vegas and how the authorities finally clamped down on them and got rid of most of them. It was really well done, with lots of info and great pictures, but you could sort of tell it was a dumbed down version as it felt like it was written for children to read. There were lots of photos of dead gangsters! Also, all the conspiracy theories and how anyone could own a hotel in Vegas before they changed the gambling laws and how gangsters siphoned of profits to hide money.

We scooted over to Caesars to see if we could get tickets for Absinthe, but they wanted to much so we went for the buffet dinner at Circus Circus. After the opulence of the big hotels this was another world, definitely the budget section!

We'd got dressed up and after feeling very under-dressed in Wynn, I now feel overdressed! But the buffet is great :D I get to sample a little of everything which is my favourite way of eating! And 3 deserts! They are only little ones, but it's great having a few to taste, my favourite bit!

Tomorrow, more exploring!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb