Only in America!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 25th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

If we were to compile a must see before you die list, Vegas would be on it! This place is truly amazing - admittedly not to everyone's taste I'm sure - but it has to be seen to be believed.

The main strip in Vegas is made up of numerous hotels/casino's, each one having its own particular theme - New York New York for example which is essentially a miniture version of New York city encapsulated by a huge rollercoaster. Our personal favourite was the Venetian which was a mini Venice, complete with its own canal network and piazzas with artificial skies painted on the ceilings.

We did manage some low value backpacker budget gambling - Paul managed to convert his $1 into an impressive $11.11 by the end of the evening.

The highlight of out time in Vegas however was our helicopter flight out to the Grand Canyon. Vicki panicked when she saw how small the helicopter was but any fears were quickly dispelled once we got airbourne. On the way out to the Grand Canyon we flew over Hoover Dam which was of Vegas proportions. The canyon itself was vast, the scenery spectacular. Hard to believe a single river could create such landscapes. On the way back we flew over the strip for an arial view of the beast.

Next up, a 3 plane, 24 hour trip to the wholly different landscape of Peru!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The VenetianThe Venetian
The Venetian

Just one cornetto...
The Grand CanyonThe Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon

View from the helicopter


4th October 2006

vegas
So what happened to my tenner then?
12th October 2006

Lovely Pics
Hope you guys are having a fantastic time, the scenery looks amazing, keep enjoying the trek, and enjoy Peru, no doubt it's going to be a belter. Our love to you both Charlie, Judy and mini fluff

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb