Las Vegas - Sep 16/17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 17th 2013
Published: October 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After the Sierra Nevada Parks, our plan was to drive east to the Grand Canyon. As a half way pit stop we made it to Las Vegas. That was a 400 mile, interstate highway, 10 hours of driving, eat while you drive, three gas station stop, trip. We booked an RV site by phone from the RV using Kayla’s Liberty Hot Spot and arrived at sunset to settle in for two days of desert heat and urban entertainment. That evening our reward for hard driving was to eat out at Red Lobster. The meal cost $40 and the taxi $40 each way – this is Las Vegas.

Next day with 100 degree F we were kept inside the RV with air conditioner running and emerged at sunset to visit the strip for a Cirque du Soleil show. The Aria hotel boasts a $37 all you can eat buffet and this was followed by the Cirque show in a very fancy theater. It was great entertainment and we also saw the Bellagio fountain show next door for free. But one day in Vegas is enough for Kayla and Richard so next day we started east again to the Grand Canyon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb