Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 14th 2013
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've had a full day in Las Vegas and have been able to see the city in the daylight without all of the lights. Althought due to the heat, it is difficult to stay outside too long and so we've been in and out of the casinos and shops to cool down.

So far we've played only the slot machines type of games and haven't yet played any of the tables (such as roulette, blackjack etc). Nicky has been lady luck so far and won $6 on a Judge Judy game at the Venetian. We cashed in our winnings and made good our escape. Hopefully they won't go out of business due to our visit.

Interestingly people are still allowed to smoke in the casinos and so there are some people with big cigars playing the tables. this stops people from having to go outside and thus can continue spending money. There are also waitresses walking around taking drinks orders to ensure people don't have to get up and reduce the time they are spending their money. It's also amazing how easy it is to find your way into the casino, but not always as easy to find your way out as the exits are not as easy to spot.

We're staying in the Bellagio and have a view of the big fountain at the front. The fountain show takes place every ~15 minutes and is amazing.

All of the main hotels / casinos are huge and very opulent, although the Venetian is probably the most impressive as it has the gondalas floating through the hotel.

We're leaving Las Vegas tomorrow and then onto Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Phoenix and San Diego (we'll also be visiting Palm Springs on the way to San Diego).


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb