Day 8: Contiki Day 2 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 14th 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 12 Degrees

The next day we were up at 8am so not to early and went down to breakfast, which was included. It was a buffet and there was so much food but all i felt like was fruit due to the night of drinking before. After breakfast we decided to check out the outlet shopping which we had heard was amazing. We headed to the Southern Premium Outlets, we were told we way better & inside. On the way we had the Taxi driver stop at the 'Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada' sign and took a few snaps. It wasn't that much further & we had arrived at the outlets. The Shopping was great but we weren't really in the mood so only picked up a few things, Emma got a dress and a pair of converse & I Picked up a pair on Prada Sunnies for $100 bucks, bargin. Can't wait to come back And fill my suitcase in a months time!!
We the shopsleft at about 1.30 and made our way back to the hotel where we were dropping off our stuff before heading out again to New York New York where we wanted to ride the rollercoaster. The Rollercoster is crazy, it loops in & around the hotel. The first part was just straight up and as soon as I was half way up it and saw what was coming I froze. But that soon wore off and the rest of the coaster was alot of fun!! Safe to say this was the scariest rollercoaster i have been on so far on this trip, but the Taxi drivers are must worst & in fact the cab that we caught from the hotel to our next destination, The Stratosphere was so alful that by the time we got there , and it made all of us sick! We went up to ride the giant drop and allhe other rised on the very to of the building, but oce we got up there we all desided that it would have been suck a great idea in our current condition. We decided to back to the hotel and have a nap before we were off that night. I ended up sleeping for 2 hours and Emma had about an hour. We then got ready for our next night on the town where we were going to the V Theatre to see The Ultimate Variety Show. A great show with loads of different acts, some parts were so funny that we were snorting!! the magician was very average, but it was a good time. As part of the tour we got to ride in limos along the strip, we had champagne and the music was so loud, it was so much fun, we all agreed we could have done that all night. We were then dropped of VIP style at tonights club, LAX. This was inside the Luxor Hotel (the one shaped like a Pyrimid). It was good and again we had free drinks till 12 but we were so tired, we decided to leave at about 11.45 in time to see the last fountain show for the night at the Bellagio. It was spectacular, the fountains played to the tune of the American national anthem, so many people haanging out to see the show, it didn't disapoint!
We then strolled along The Strip back to our hotel, via the McDonalds next door(the only place close with free WIFI) and then a quick game of Black Jack so we could get a chip from the hotel westayed at.
So much for an early night, Emma ended up getting to bed at 1:30am and myself at 3am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb