Las Vegas, Nevada + Grand Canyon, Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 7th 2012
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Vegas, Wow, what a place.

Everything you hear and read about Vegas is probably true. The place is absolutely awesome. I'm so glad Kristy and I made the trip to Nevada. We have experienced so much and the sights, well we will definitely never forget this place.

With over 65 large scale resorts and casinos Las Vegas has the ultimate 24 hour fun. Not only is it about the gambling but its alive with shows, shopping, and people just generally having a great time. We have seen the Bellagio Casinos wonderful night time fountain show (free by the way), the Treasure Islands pirate ship show (free), the Circus Circus show of acrobatics (free), the erupting volcano at the Mirage Casino (free) and the Fremont street show (again free). We have had to try and keep a tight rein on our daily spends as there is so much to do.

We visited the MASSIVE Grand Canyon in Arizona on a tour bus and it was unbelievable!!! Truely breathtaking experience. I thought it was pretty special working and seeing Ayers Rock for the past three and a half years but the Grand Canyon is the Rock on steroids. You can see why it’s the No.1 wonder of the world. You learn why it was so important to the native American Indians, and can feel the serenity and peace that it brings. We got some great photos from the tour and at $80 per head for a 14 hour tour it’s well worth the price.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the old Fremont area where the original Vegas was. We suggest to anyone visiting Vegas to head down to the older part as its much cheaper and more old school. (A special hint is to sign up to memberships as it’s free and this will allow you gain half price meals, free gaming money and also cheap shows) We were lucky enough even though we played a few tables, to come out even in the money department. It's always a concern to leave with nothing... But I suppose that is Vegas baby, one big gamble.

The neon lights at night are a sight to be seen. I wouldn't want to be paying their electricity bills, that’s for sure. The shows are amazing too. Burlesque, magic, comedy and of course the strip bars. We settled for a variety show inclusive of everything, was very entertaining. We cant foret the little wedding chapels. They are everywhere and iclude some very famous shot gun weddings such as Elvis, Brittany and who could forget from the Hangove movie.... We were actually going to renew our vows here but decided against it. Just not enough time to get organised 😊

Las Vegas is also a great place to shop. You wouldn't think it, buts it’s really cheap. Any visit to Vegas should include a trip to the premium outlet areas. Both the north and south ends of the strip have them so either one is a good visit. Being a great place to shop is not really a good thing when you’re on a strict budget and travelling the world. We have been pretty good but there is so much to do. When we first got to Las Vegas we were awestruck as this what we pictured the USA to be. Outrageous, out there, bright, friendly and big. Vegas to us is definitely meeting our expectations and then some.

We know that Washington is going to be a whole different kettle of fish, but we hope that the people are as accommodating and friendly as they are here.

P.S I love Vegas!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb