Day 8: Leaving San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 28th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It's 6am and we're just waiting to check into our Sin City Hostel in Las Vegas!! We're both as excited as we can possibly be after an overnight coach journey, but I'm sure after a little sleep we will both be raring to go.

Yesterday we spent the day in the World Famous San Diego zoo. It really was the best zoo I've ever been to! We spent about 9 hours walking through Asia, Africa and Polar themed areas. I think our highlight was being able to see 2 Pandas which neither of us had ever seen before! They were Father and Son and were both so cute just nom nom nomming away on bamboo sticks. They told us that the oldest panda had fathered 4 cubs since being in the zoo... single-handedly bringing Pandas back from the brink of extinction the little stallion. We also saw a polar bear, some koala bears and lots of big cats such as a mountain lion, jaguar and lions. They have a programme where they keep wolves and cheetahs with dogs to keep them calm and we saw a cheetah and a dog being taken on a walk! Later on we watched a couple of shows with acrobats which was a really nice way to end our stay in San Diego.

We left at about 8pm last night and got a coach to LA and then another which just arrived here in Las Vegas a little while ago. It's already much warmer than the other places we've been to and we've already been promised a great night out later.

Going to check in - now that it's 6am we're allowed!

Nosheen and Liz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.5kb