Viva Las Vegas, the city of Sin... or so we thought...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 6th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

las vegas 042las vegas 042las vegas 042

the water show at Billagio
So, our mate Danielle, being the extreme organised girl she is has gotten us up at 4am to board a 7am flight… So in America you’re only supposed to be at the airport about 60mins before your flight, and the strip in Vegas is 10 mins away from the airport, so naturally, we were waiting…. And waiting… and waiting at the airport, when we could have been sleeping… and sleeping… Again, Michael Cox aka Deborah Cox was in a bad mood; wouldn’t you be with only 3 hours’ worth of sleep? So the insults are being hurled at all of us from left right and centre. Actually, come to think of it, yesterday Michael spent the whole day alone, because he slept in till noon, and yet he was still cranky during the night… HAHA, you got to love Deborah. Probably doesn’t help when I’m so loud and hyper active the whole time.
Anyway, onto Vegas… well for starters it wasn’t ROASTING, it was INSINERATING *as Deborah kept saying*, the heat never died, and all the buildings have tremendously cold air-conditioning, so it was going from one extreme to the other. Everyone smokes, everywhere, anywhere and at all times, so my
las vegas 044las vegas 044las vegas 044

very pretty club.
precious sinus’ and lungs were just going off musically… and the crowds… F M L, the bloody crowds. I am assuming because it was the 4th of July long weekend it was busier than normal, but had these crows been halved it still would have been too much. I struggled to find a good meal in this city, and there are nasty cheap buffets everywhere, yet there were no grocery stores for me to buy fruit to stock up on my vitamins; the hotel sold apples, for a 1.50, what a joke. The hotel sold everything, for a ridiculous price, 25 a day to use the gym, 6 dollars for some peanuts and 24 dollars for a standard drink. Other than this though, the hotel rooms were huge!!! The hotel itself was massive, we stayed at Caesars which is probably the size of Bangor (the suburb), there were like 7 or 8 different buildings, 8 different pools, 60 floors, fountains and shops and theatres and many restaurants in each hotel. This was impressive.
My last issue with Vegas is the children; I could be here all day complaining about this… Which parent in their right mind decides to bring a
las vegas 047las vegas 047las vegas 047

pre-drinks time. and annoying Kellett.
child, to Vegas, in the heat, with all the smoke, with all the skanks and with all the crowds on a holiday?!?! I have NEVER been so annoyed or outraged and they stop at every hotel, at every statue and take a damn photo, hording those strollers around.
Now, there isn’t much to do in Vegas during the day, so we just rested, but other than all the issues I had with it, I genuinely did like it, saw two really good shows, an indoor aquatic, dance and acrobatic water spectacular and Zumanity a sexually-humorous circus de solei hosted by a drag queen. The night clubs were good, we went to a foam party, and my friend Powers was dragged on to the stage to dance with some singer and his dancers, she was covered in foam and well sort of tipsy, and when they asked her what her name was she replied “woohoo” and they said “woohoo” where are you from? And she replied “Mel…from Bangor” haha!!! Michael and I were very amused; turns out there is a Bangor in Maine, so it’s all good.
I think I’ll wait till I’m older to come back here, a lot of older couples are here in Vegas, I felt very young, constantly been asked to show I.D, and not knowing how to gamble, some guy taught us, but both Mel and I lost 20 dollars each. I made 12 dollars off the pokies, but they really are not that fun. Kellett, aka Kelle, Keller, Helen… (My new nickname for him), made a profit of 40 dollars off the pokies, so that annoyed us since he is the tight ass of the group. But he did come back from the Grand Canyon with little gifts for us all, which was very sweet and kind, and surprising.
Anyway, one last thing about Vegas, if you’re going to come, you should probably come with a big group of drinkers so you can all afford to get the V.I.P table service with a minimum spend or 2 or 5k… it’ll be worth it, you get your own waiter, and you get a few bottles of alcohol, we had V.I.P access, but not to tables so we had to stand, since all the chairs and couches are sold with the packages.
Anyway, off to Cancun now, so hopefully by my next blog I would have learnt some Spanish.
p.s because there was nothing to do in the day time, (those direct factory outlet shopping are HIDEOUS, all those dirty plain and boring clothing) I am now hooked on this Casey Abraham's murder case, the American's are obsessed with it, so am I... She was found NOT GUITLY, and here I was hoping for a public belting and hanging, true ol' Southern Style.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

las vegas 056las vegas 056
las vegas 056

in the foam...
las vegas 001las vegas 001
las vegas 001

as soon as we got off the plane...
las vegas 004las vegas 004
las vegas 004

we hired a limo from the airport to the hote....
las vegas 012las vegas 012
las vegas 012

at Tao Nightclub, we had the acess to the rooftop pool but it was too hot.
las vegas 021las vegas 021
las vegas 021

Kellett's kiss.
las vegas 022las vegas 022
las vegas 022

ain't he drunk???
las vegas 027las vegas 027
las vegas 027

woohoo'ing in the streets like Johnny's and Joooan's.


Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb