Sin City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 28th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gday again

Been in Vegas a day or so and teed up the rental car that will move us on tomorrow.

Vegas is nothing more or less than we expected and we are looking forward to hitting the road tomorrow. First stops Boulder Dam then Grand Canyon.

Nice appartment here at the Signature at MGM Grand. The whole place is expensive though - which surprised us a little.
Our room complete with Kitchen and Jacuzzi is on the 30th floor - which makes your correspondent's knees a bit shaky when standing on the balcony.

Dinner last night was an all seafood and sushi affair for $29.95++. Best value I have had. There was actually some very nice meat there as well but I couldnt fit it in after the Oysters, lobster and prawns - all before the sushi. We both managed to leave room for desserts tho as they were pretty special as well.

Today was spent trampsing literally from one end of the strip to the other - for those who have not been here that is 13 kms before you take into account that the footpaths keep getting diverted thru casinos quite deliberately.

Chris had read somewhere that Circus Circus threw in free performances so we found that and it is right at the nortern end of the strip. Our timing was a little out and we had to wait 30 minutes for a show that lasted 7!!!! Oh well, it was Kenyan acrobats and they were quite good.

So now for dinner tonight!

Meantime, some pix to ponder and we will write again at some stage as we wander thru various national parks over the next 8 days

All the best


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



29th October 2010

G'day again, I don't know if you get these 2 messages on the same day but is actually 29th. here and this is when I managed to look through it all. You are both looking a bit weary in some of the pics. Hope you are not having tooooooooo good a time. Eat and drink some goodies for me please, they sound fab. Love, Mer xxx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb