The Venitian Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 10th 2010
Published: April 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Venitian HotelThe Venitian HotelThe Venitian Hotel

The most beautiful hotel I have ever seen!
We indulge in a lil sleep in and a then head out to the Strip again - this time with shopping in mind. And we do ourselves proud. We ask the conceirge where the cheap shopping outlet is. He directs us north to the top of the Strip and of course we take the wrong bus and go south to the high end boutiques.

The buses here are packed to the rafters. Bus drivers are not friendly AT ALL. They do not answer your questions. They yell at you to stay "behind the hello line." It's frustrating. I wonder why they are so rude and unhelpful. Then I see the sign above the driver's head "due to security and your safety, the driver will not communicate with passengers." Mmmm really helpful to tourists who have no idea where they are going.

We jump off the bus and find ourselves outside The Venitian Hotel. This is currently the frontrunner of my favourite thing so far. It is BEAUTIFUL! Cobblestone floors, high ceilings painted liken the skye, fake building facades - it honest to God makes it look like you are really in Venice. There are canals with gondola's and cute
The VentianThe VentianThe Ventian

This is inside the Venition Shopping Mall
boys seranading their passengers. It's just beautiful - you forget you are in Las Vegas, much less a casino.

I purchase a bee-yoo-tiful white leather handbag. Seriously a I-can't-live-without-it moment overcomes me. Lynette is on the other side of the shop and comes over to me and is holding the same bag! We need to stop having the same taste!

We head out into pouring rain and run over to the Ceasers Palace and the Palazzo Shops. We lick the windows as clearly we cannot afford anything here - but it sure is nice to look.

Hours have passed so we head back to the hotel recharge.

Everyone has told us all these things to do. The lions at the MGM Hotel, dolphins at The Mirage, The Rollercoaster at New York New York, The Belleagio water show and grand foyer and Paris. We walk everywhere and it is exhausting. I think we walked 7kms today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb