Las Vegas Baby!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 6th 2010
Published: April 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

KOA Campground - Las Vegas


We made it to Vegas without too much of a problem - time was always going to be tight but we arrived on time and were able to catch one of the hundred or so taxis waiting outside of the airport to the RV centre. We now have our home on wheels and getting the biggest one we could was definitely the right thing to do - Jack can run end to end without too much of a problem!

We spent yesterday exploring and as the Kampground of America (KOA) site is at the top end of the strip we were able to do it from top to bottom....twice - once during the day and again at night.

Lucille and I were undecided on the place until late on but I have no doubt it really is a city where anything goes. It was quite difficult to entertain Jack all day as if you're not into casinos or taking yourself away to "margaritaville" (I still haven't done that yet) then entertaining an 18 month old is a bit of a challenge! Circus Circus is where our RV site is and proved to be a big hit - Daddy
won prizes for his son on the camel racing, breaking a balloon with a dart and of course smacking some rubber thing as hard as you can until the necesary points are scored.

The strip itself was packed - and I thought Sunday might be a quiet day? Everything is over the top as you would imagine and along with the street vendors (selling anything from bottled water to girls) there is little respite from the excitement and drama that Vegas produces. What it does do however is offer some great opportunities for photography - I hope you agree.

Today has been a bit of a shopping day for the Hayward's - after walking up and down the strip yesterday we needed some retail therapy; good thing we packed that spare bag. The weather also turned somewhat today and we had a bit of rain before yet another warm and bright afternoon.

I think I've figured out how to put a map on the page now so for all you spotters out there (Dad & David), I have marked on our next 4 stops on the tour. We will travel to Zion National Park tommorow for 2 nights before moving up to Bryce Canyon National Park on Thursday. These are National Park sites so though we get water, a wireless internet connection is unlikely! You should be able to zoom into the map and switch between "map" and "satelite" to see in detail where we will be.

The third point on the map is Capital Reef National Park before we head to Monument Valley (home of the early wild west movies) where we should once again get an internet connection.

More updates in a few days time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb