Day 32 – Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 16th 2009
Published: December 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last night we came across a bit of a deal which was $10 tickets to a show if we gave up a few hours of our morning too have a look at a new resort. So we did. Headed out to a resort and sat through a presentation on what turned out to be a Time Share... We had a tour of the “resort” and then were trying to be pushed to buy into time share... started off at $30,000, then down to $20,000, $10,000 and after finally convincing them we weren’t interested, they tried again for $5000. HOW DODGY!!! After this we were hoping that the show would be worth it.

Got back and headed to the factory outlets. Four and a half hours later we left!! Had to buy a new suit case to carry everything back to the hotel. Was great fun and great bargains. Andrew didn’t even complain once. By this time it was about 9pm so we rushed back to go to our 10pm show, The Blue Man Group.

No-one could really tell us anything about the show, but for some reason it intrigued so we went. Turned out t be hilarious and awesome! It was 3 blokes painted blue, who didn’t talk, but did weird and wacky things that kept us entertained. They played the drums with paint on them so the first few rows had to wear ponchos. At the start to get the crowd lightened up they had Teleprompters that we had to red. We had to “say” not sing Happy Birthday to someone. Congratulate someone for creating a genome (???) and a few he things. Then they said the volunteer in the 10th row will now sing the National Anthem and the spotlight was on Andrew! So funny, he was shitting himself. He thought I can’t even think of the Australian Anthem let alone know the American one, but then the prompter said Just Kidding. Never seen Andrew look so releaved!

Fantastic Show and it was definitely worth putting up with time share crap, as usually the tickets cost $150 each!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb