Vegas fuglies and gold-diggers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 18th 2009
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our Canadian visas were about to run out, and instead of being hunted down by Tommy Lee Jones like fugitives we left Calgary, our destination NZ. But first we had a few stopovers on the way, namely: Las Vegas, LA, Panama, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, London, Ibiza, Aberdeen, Cumbria, Frankfurt and Thailand.

So we said our goodbyes to Scott and Tina who incidentally went to New York on the day we left for Las Vegas. In New York, Scott proposed to Tina who said yes and they have since had their wedding in Antigua. Man my blog is way behind! A huge thanks to you both for putting us up in Canada, we had a blast and look forward to returning the favour when you come to NZ.

It was difficult to decide on what we would send home and what we would take on our travels. In the end we sent home about 35 kilos and took around 20 kilos each on our travels. It was hard because we would be experiencing both hot and cold weather. We definitely started with the hot. It was 40 degrees when we arrived into Vegas. Once we'd exited the slot machine-filled, billboard-overdosed, air conditioned airport we bused towards the strip. We then made a bad mistake. We decided to walk from the bus stop to our hotel. It didn't look that far, but it was. The size of the hotels made them look far closer than they were. Carrying 20 kilos in 40 degrees = bad.

Once at our hotel, The Flamingo, we checked in and passed out. The following morning it was time to check out the strip. Once again it was scorchio so we made trips in and out of the casinos. The strip is a visual extravaganza - it must be what the normal world is like to someone with autism. You just don't know where to look. We started at Caesars Palace, apparentely he didn't even live there, what a jib, ha ha (You have to watch The Hangover - then you'll see all the places I'm talking about and understand my jokes).

Ok time to name drop, we also visited all these casinos: The Bellagio, New York New York, The Excalibur, Monte Carlo, The Luxor and the MGM Grand. At most Casinos there is an event that occurs at different hours of the day. We were a bit gutted to miss the Lions at the MGM grand but saw loads of the attractions, I'll tell you about them in tomorrows blog.

We decided that a trip to the Grand Canyon was in order so searched around the companies until we found one that suited our requirements and booked for the following day. By this stage we were roasting hot and exhausted, so we started by buying what can only be described as a bucket of coke and smashed that back. Then it was time to head back to the hotel and lounge by the pool. It felt like we were on a movie set - pasty white fat people were lying around smoking and drinking in the pool and being served by surgically enhanced waitresses in bikinis. There sure are a lot of fat people in Vegas, many in wheelchairs which I think is a lifestyle choice rather than a disability. You also see a lot of good looking girls with heinously ugly guys. Looks like money can buy you happiness.

That night we took some roofies and I can't really remember anything else that happened after that ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 30; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb