We're Here!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 26th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally after nearly 24 hours we arrived at The Luxor Hotel Las Vegas .....knackered, sweaty and very very pleased.

Frances was extremely well behaved apart from the take off from Heathrow in which she screamed the plane down but apart from that she was as good as gold! Certainly too much excitement for her - planes, airports, escalators, wide open spaces to run and the discovery of dairylea dunkers!

So we all arrived at Heathrow to find chaos........yep half term has a lot to answer for! Queue after queue meant that we only had time to grab a coffee and toastie before we had to board. All the stress from checking in soon past as we took to the skies, the movies kicked in and the first course came around only to find that soft drinks are free but they charge for alcohol - the blinkin cheek of it! Out of principle I drank soft drinks throughout the flight....a first for me but that will teach them!

We arrived at Newark around 2.00pm local time with our connecting flight leaving at 4.30 so plenty of time for shopping, a drink and some decent food.......think again! We had to pass through immigration (they took our fingerprints) by the time we had got through, picked up our bags, rechecked them in, got on a monorail to another terminal, and got to a bar it was 3.45...time for a quick one...or so we thought...we only just made the flight. We arrived as they were about to close the doors - geezeeks!

5 ½ hours later we finally arrived in Las Vegas. There was a quick reunion with my baby bro, Kerr and his wife, Mazzie, my cousin Liam and his partner Richard and Tim and Kate. And that completes the Wedding Party!

The Wedding Party is:-

Karen, Dave and Frances - Bride, Groom and Flower Girl
Christina Forbes - Mother of the Bride
Kerr Forbes - Father of the Bride
Sarah - Sister, Matron, Make-Up Artist Extraordinaire and blogger!
Kerr & Mazzie - The Aussie Brother and his lovely wife!
Ann and Bill - Our Auntie and Uncle
Paul & Alan - Cousins
Liam & Richard - Cousin and Partner
Grant and Francesca - Dave’s Best Man and his girlfriend.
Tim and Kate - My Bro’s mate since nursery!

So that’s Monday done and we look to Tuesday. All that is left to say is Las Vegas is just huge.....everything is big. Our rooms are nice, we are all in the pyramid section and the view of fake Egypt from our room is cool.

Exploring starts tomorrow.

PS. Having a problem loading the pictures - here's the words to get you started.


Advertisement



27th October 2009

WE WANT PICTURES!!
Nata and I are VERY VERY dissapointed in you Sarah, we want pictures of you leaning out of your room in the piramid and we want the view from the room and perhaps some fake Elvis people and some other amusing people / things.... you can't just expect us to be happy with 'words'.... Vegas is ALL about the pictures!! (oh and Nata wants pictures of rows and rows of fat Americans playing slot machines!) Hope you are having fun (don't forget the pictures!)
27th October 2009

Hold Your Blinkin Horses
Pictures will come as soon as I can get a decent connection! I do have a large erection outside my window.....it's a obelisk.....tut tut!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014kb