Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 22nd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

vegas vegas vegas

The man van
This saga starts as so many epics (Beowulf, the Iliad and the Odyssey) with our heroes Erik/Olof/Tom departing from familiar turf to the great unknown on a journey thru the Southwest. Tom and Olof are Swedish ski bums who are in the US for 3 months squandering there socialist countries subsidies for drunken sky bums, apparently it’s not bad. I met Tom and Olof thru Shannon and Lloyd my roommates who share a Breckenridge rental with our ski bums who will now be referred to as just the “Swedes”. On several visits to our house in Colorado Springs the Swedes insisted I accompany them on their planned drunken escapade through the Southwest, initially I refused but one night hopped up on Jaeger that the Swedes provided I agreed to this madness.
Our good man Lloyd donated his Man Van to serve as our vessel on our journey. Of course we had to fly our flag for all to see so I attached a ribbon magnet (like the support our troops ones) to the rear of the Man Van, it is a simple symbol of our endeavor it has bacon strips adorning it and only two words “support Bacon”.
We departed Breckenridge after a night totally devoid of moisture, the result of living at 10,000 feet with the furnace going all night on high. We departed feeling like the turkey on Christmas Vacation. We stopped in Grand Junction for lunch at Sonic where I introduced the Swedes to one of America’s true culinary delights the Tatar Tot. It was here that I informed the Swedes we needed water in case we broke down in the Man Van, this is when a youthful thought of getting some beer for the cooler was stopped by that part of the brain that keeps you from putting your hand down the garbage disposal. The vision of a good Mormon Utah State Trooper questioning me about the drunken Swedes and the bag of crushed empties in the back flashed before my eyes.
We are now going to venture out for the first night wish me luck. I plan on pinning a note to the Swedes that reads “if found please return to the Stratosphere”, if anyone knows the number to the Swedish Consulate that may be helpful also.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb