Bryce Canyon National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday October 2, 2008

We’ve run out of superlatives. There are no more that we can use. Just when we thought we had seen the best, yet another even better visual and geological feast awaited us in Bryce Canyon National Park.

We allocated a whole day to Bryce - not enough time! The overlooks can be done in a day by travelling the 12 miles from the Park gate to the 9700 foot high point at the south end of the drivable area. But the hiking is a must not miss.

Written description cannot do justice to the beauty of the canyon hoodoos in cream and pink and white. Have a look at our pictures with this blog. We took nearly 200 but could only publish a few. OK, there are 42 - we couldn’t cull any more.

Late in the day we put on hiking boots and joined the many others to descend 200 metres (500 feet) into the hoodoo maze at Sunset Point on the Navajo Loop trail. Up close and personal describes the trail down and through the hoodoo maze all around and rising above. At the dry creek level we rested and then slowly climbed out, snapping photos all along the way. Here again a story is inadequate - pictures tell the real story.

Yet another peaceful starlit night in Cannonville Utah KOA, in the middle of nowhere - ahhhhh bliss is a quiet night’s sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb