Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 24th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

We made it to Vegas in one piece and just about still talking to each other. Vegas is a bit mad and I'm taking a little while to adjust!! I've gotten used to sleepy towns and cities over the last 8 weeks and this is a definate culture shock.

Lau seems ok though, she's already located the nearest hair salon and clothes shops.

Anyway, I'll update you on what we've been up to over the last few days since our last blog. Think the last one was when we were in between Chicago an Mt Rushmore on the 90. Well we saw Rushmore and Crazy Horse (both pretty impressive - Crazy Horse is gonna be huge once it's finished) then moved onto Rapid City and Cody. A couple of Wild West towns - we saw a pretty cheesey Wild West show / shootout that acted out a scene from Buffalo Bills life. Cody was named after him and he's a bit of hero in those parts..........not so much in my books!!

The next day was onto Yellowstone, home of many a geyser, hot spring, mud pot and steam vents....has to be seen to be believed. We have some great photos that I'm sure you'll get to see (if you're interested) when we get back.

Yellowstone also has a huge amount of wild life as Lau found out to her dismay on the way in. I was driving into the entrance and saw something in the distance....it was only a bloody great big bull buffalo walking directly towards us!!! Freaked us both out a little as they're massive animals, but eventually it became a comman occurrance as they're all over the park. We had five days in Yellowstone and we're ready to move on as it was starting to get pretty cold, we even saw the first slowfall.

Vegas is a bit different as I said, it's 100 degrees for a start and full of a different type of wildlife..........I'm sure I'll adjust and love it.

Anyway, see you all soon.....not long now. Boooooo.

Looking forward to catching up with you all next week. Take care and love to all.xxx

P.S. - Leeds seem to be doing pretty well....can somebody tell my dad he can't keep myseason ticket.

Advertisement



25th September 2008

It's gone so quick!
Hi Both - glad to hear you're well. I just can't believe it's almost time for you to come back! Laura - hope you're still OK for the hen weekend. Looking forward to seeing you xx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb