LasVegas Adventure Day 6 Last day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 16th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Las Vegas Adventure '08


Ok little Buckeroos here is the moment that you all have been waiting for....the final chapter in this never-ending story that I would like to call Mick & Nadines Las Vegas Adventure..........I will wait until the cheering dies down.....now snuggle down with a nice strong drink (I know you need it by now) and I will end my novel by summing up the final day.
First of all we had to get up at 5am so there was no time for slot playing or getting coffee this morning so we just jumped out of bed and re-organized our belongings and amazingly everything fit back into the suitcases. Damn good thing that we didn't buy a lot of crap this time around but we sure wished that we had just one more day...haha.
We caught the airport shuttle and arrived at the Alaska Airlines check-in around 7am....this time they took our luggage off of our hands and we had loads of time because customs was a breeze so we tried to get rid of as much american money as we could (ya right like we have any left..lol) into the slot machines and then headed over a small restaurant that we went to last year and grabbed a couple of egg McMuffin thingees and a drink. Last year at least they had an enclosed smoking room but this year none of the airports allow smoking so its going to be another long haul before I get another smoke. After breaky we headed off to where we were to catch the plane & came across a new bar so we settled in for a comfy sit and swill until our flight at 12:30. And before boarding the plane we had an opportunity to visit the Duty Free shop....so Booze & Cig's come to me. A carton of cigs cost me$23.00 and a 1L bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey cost me $28.00....sure wished I could buy more....oh well!
On the plane we had the usually continental breakfast of a few beer and lots of pretzels.....oops that was me, Nadine had a couple drinks too and settled down to play the DS....she really loves Jewel Quest and plays it every chance she can get...sure glad we brought it along with us....the game has definately paid for itself.
We landed in Victoria around 2:30 and headed over to the baggage claim to pick up our stuff and head it home.......What the hell is this........no luggage.....it was lost......arrrgggg all our clothes.........all our souvenirs.........AND OH NO!!...........MY LAPTOP..............DARN.......HECK..........POOP!!!!!!!!
The really nice lady from Alaska said that some of the luggage was held up in Seattle so just fill out these forms and we will phone you when it arrives......OK....well at least we don't have to carry all that heavy luggage now and we can catch the local city transit bus and will save us a fortune in cab fare....see there is a silver lining ....................BUT WHERE IS MY LAPTOP?????
We arrived home around 5pm and it took about an hour to shut Mau up...was so glad to see us...ya right its just a stupid cat....but she really loves us and missed us....haha
So Nadines big new suitcase, with all our stuff in it, finally landed around 7pm but still no backpack with my laptop in it yet so we told them to wait until sunday and hopefully the other one will show up and they could deliver them both at the same time. Was kind of a sleepless night because it was the first time that I had ever taken my
Nadines Breakfast at LV airport barNadines Breakfast at LV airport barNadines Breakfast at LV airport bar

please note the time...haha...breakfast of the holiday traveller
laptop with me and it was the first time out of hundreds of flights that I have taken where they have lost my luggage....well we did say that this holiday was going to be full of "Firsts" but I had never imagined it would be this kind.
Oh wait I think I heard the door buzzer...........Hello this is Alaska Airlines and I have 2 pieces of luggage for you.....................YAHOO!!!!!!!! Life is good now and the holiday is done.


T H E E N D ! ! !



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

my first beer of the daymy first beer of the day
my first beer of the day

Check out the time....yep will be nice to get back home and dry out...lol
Breakfast of ChampionsBreakfast of Champions
Breakfast of Champions

Fine dining with snacks bought at airport and the usual Alaska Airlines free pretzels and the start of my tri-boozectra of 3 cool Budweizers.
Nadines DS game playingNadines DS game playing
Nadines DS game playing

Nintendo DS is such a fun game and so small and compact
Vegas BootyVegas Booty
Vegas Booty

Here's what we have to show for a couple thousand dollars for our holiday in Las Vegas.....$17.86US...Cheap Booze(as in price not quality)...lots of cheap souvenirs.....Was it worth it....YOU BET!!!!!!.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb