Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 17th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in Las Vegas around 10:30 pm. The good thing about arriving that late is that then airport is not crowded and the cab line is short. Anyway, I arrived at the Mandalay Bay, checked into the hotel and met a friend for a few drinks down at the sports bar.

The next day, after my meetings I met up with a friend of mine and we went up to the Fountation Room at the top of the Mandalay Bay for a private party. The view is amazing up there. I didn't get any pictures from up there because I didn't want to be the dork who took his camera to a work function.

The next night we had dinner at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse in the Four Seasons. I love that place. The steak is great there. Afterwards we took a cab down to Freemont Street and walked through the old casinos like Binions, the Four Queens, and Fitzgeralds. We stayed until the light show was over. This is about as historic as you get in Las Vegas. Unlike almost every other part of the country, there is no preservation of historical buildings here. they just demolish and rebuild bigger and better.

We took a cab up to the Bellagio and walked around the casino for a little bit and grabbed a beer. We then headed outside to to watch the fountain show with it seemed the rest of Las Vegas. The waters "danced" Elton John.

Afterwards we went over to my favorite casino, the Venetian. I've never actually stayed here, but I love this place. The bar called La Scena is the best casual bar around. The house band is very entertaining and usually plays a mix of current pop and classic rock.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BellagioBellagio
Bellagio

The water show at the Bellagio


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb