Imogen's Birfday!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Birthday time!!!

Big thanks to all of you for your birthday emails, texts, phone calls etc.. It was a little piece of home away from home!

We started the day with cheap Cava and leftover cold Pizza for breakfast (that's the way to start a new decade!) and then it was off to an airport for a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and a quick breeze along the Strip - Woohoo! It was a truly amazing experience and highly recommendable to all - the funny thing was that although the Canyon was great to see, the best bit was cruising down the Strip. We also had a wonderful pilot to talk us through the trip (who we like to call 'Magnum' - check out the 'tache!!)

Back at the hotel in the afternoon, we had enough time for a quick birthday pint, then it was off out for yet another roller-coaster at The sahara, which accelerates instantly to some ridiculous speed. It was best that we had a steak dinner after this and went on to do some gambling in Vegas baby!

Paul squandered the dosh which represented our travel money ($30) on
Birthday breakfastBirthday breakfastBirthday breakfast

Mmmm cold pizza and cava - Imogen's a classy chick!
the Roulette table - we put it on black and it came up red - nevermind! Then we both played Black Jack for about 2 and half hours before deciding to call it a day (after some slight arguing - Imogen wanted to keep playing. This was finally resolved by an innocent bystander who felt compelled to mediate!). The best thing about Vegas is that as long as you are playing something, the waitresses will keep on bringing free drinks - obviously this is a ploy to keep you spending - but it was great!

We headed back to the hotel for a night cap and ended up going to bed at 4am, tired but happy after some interesting chat with some Americans. They were harmless but did ask us what language we spoke in England. Oh dear. We also met Monty, by his own admission one of the top 5 waiters in Las Vegas. If you want a free dinner, call him on 300 1700.

A top birthday was had by all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Imogen and 'Magnum'Imogen and 'Magnum'
Imogen and 'Magnum'

Check out the 'tache people!
Hoover DamHoover Dam
Hoover Dam

View from Helicopter (don't know why they named it after a vacuum cleaner!!)
Grand CanyonGrand Canyon
Grand Canyon

It's so grand it's difficult to capture on film.
Big Night in VegasBig Night in Vegas
Big Night in Vegas

We'd just lost in the casino but had free drinks - can you tell?
Paul entertains the localsPaul entertains the locals
Paul entertains the locals

They seemed to bond.
'The Locals''The Locals'
'The Locals'

Dumb and Dumber!


20th June 2007

Birthday
Happy Birthday to you Imogen, what a way to celebrate you special day, doing the "strip". Was "Speed" rollercoaster anygood..? I'm not a big fan of "Lim" launches to 70mph. Hover Dam looks mighty impressive. Enjoy Vegas and keep posting.
20th June 2007

Happy Birthday
Happy 30th Bday Imogen!!!! - albeit slightly belated. Loving the blogs and hearing what you're both up to - makes me chuckle, some funny one-liners! xxx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb