Gamble Gamble, Shop Shop


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 25th 2007
Published: April 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We get up late at 9.30 as we're not driving anywhere today. There are craps lessons in the casino at 11 and we plan to make the most of them. Craps is probably the only game we've not played as we don't understand it but, hopefully after our lesson today we'll at least be able to play, if not win. The Pit Boss, Jimmy is a quick talker. He explains the rules, there are many and then the odds, also many. The Craps table is full of numbers, dice, chips, etc and it's all very confusing. Having watched it lots I still don't think I understand it completely. After an hour of explantion we wander over to a table where a guy who resembles a young Val Kilmer seems to be doing quite well. After watching for a couple of minutes Kev gets some chips and joins in. I still don't understand what he was doing but it was all lots of fun and after over an hour of playing we left the table just one dollar down. Had the dealers not changed over I think we would have been there most of the afternoon, but it's a bit tricky when you can't undersand a thing they say. We head out onto the Strip and down to Fashion Show Mall for some shopping. The Mall looks bigger than I remember but it's mostly the car park that takes up all the space. We leave virtually empty handed with the exception of some jewellery cleaner and head back to the hotel for the car and then out to dinner. We've decided to give Bryce and Zion national parks a miss as it would mean another 10 hours driving and we need the rest.
Tomorrow is our last day here and I plan to hit the shops.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb