American Booty: Happy 25th Birthday, YOU KNOB!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 23rd 2006
Published: September 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

MGM GrandMGM GrandMGM Grand

only across the street!!!!
Brooke and her roommate Shannon got back to the hotel room around 2am. They were out walking The Strip and their feet were as black as tar. Everyone slept well into Saturday morning, as we were all so tired.

For me, it was like being invited to a teenage schoolgirl’s slumber party, except it isn’t teenage girls that we had here. Shannon had been working in the summer camps, Rachel was a Pom, her roommate Kylie was from Brisbane and then there was Brooke…the Cheeky Chook from the West. Brooke’s usual roommate on this tour deserted her for an upgrade to the swish Bellagio Hotel/Casino. After spending nearly three weeks away from home, all I can say is that a bed is more than enough to satisfy my needs!

We all had breakfast at Coco’s but I must say, the service this morning was absolutely terrible compared to the friendly service I had last night. There were orders mixed up, rude waitresses and then one of the girls didn’t even receive her order at all. At least after breakfast, we all hatched a plan to see the casinos today.

There was a now going to be a group of us Aussies that were going to hit the strip: Shannon, Kylie and Rachel, their friend Paul, Brooke and myself. Our first stop was the MGM Grand. They kept their lions in an enclosure but they weren’t due until 3pm so we had to keep on moving. Across from the MGM Grand was the Luxor, with the pyramid and sphinxes I saw as I flew in yesterday. I took the opportunity to whip out Kaz and take some photos as well as get some shots of Brooke. Then we headed inside and checked out the interior hollow pyramid, filled at the base with slot machines.

We spent a bit of time looking at Casino Royale before heading into New York, New York. We had a look at it from outside before heading in. Brooke and I spotted Coyote Ugly’s offering 2 for 1 drinks later on tonight and this was a place that we would have to come back to! Then we headed into a gift shop and got lost (or left behind) by the rest of the group before everyone else came back to get us. We took off from NYNY and walked past a replica of the Brooklyn Bridge on our way to Caesars’. I tried not to look at the replica buildings too much otherwise I would be fooled into thinking I was actually there!

We all got to Paris, Las Vegas where there is a half sized replica of the Eiffel Tower out the front! I had to take a bit of video and a few shots, with my faux French accent shouting out “oui, oui” and Brooke pointing out the fountain show from the Bellagio. Oui!! Inside the Bellagio, it is a more natural setting from some of the other casinos. I saw trees, more water and birds in a very large aviary, where they were free to fly around, but not to the parts of the casino that we were headed to.

We had to move on as per the demands of the rest of the group and they all decided they were hungry. I wasn’t too hungry and didn’t eat, much to the amazement of everyone. I had a feeling that Brooke would be taking me to Hooters’ tonight…

FRI 9/22/06
“Reunion of 2 of Australia’s finest Beeeyatches”

Hi Brooke, thanks for giving your hotel room (Casa
Del Brooke) up for me. However, there are some things I require…
-Home delivered Hooters
-A box seat to a nude pillow fight with your Contiki tour mates
-A Hooters singlet
-An Elvis impersonator/Elvis himself for bonus points, to wake me up while singing tomorrow morning
-Your finest champagne

If any or all of these demands cannot be met, then it will result in my immediate departure.

xxx
Johnny*

Brooke and I decided to leave the other girls behind while Paul ditched them as well to go back to his hotel room. All I needed to do was see things out at my own pace and I had the same feeling that Brooke did too. It was as if these Contiki Bus types had been well conditioned into cramming 30 things to see into 20 minutes and I couldn’t handle it. Instead, I went to a net café to upload pics and clear my memory card while Brooke scouted around for more souvenirs. I also checked my email for all the birthday email (thanks you guys!!!) and then we took a leisurely stroll back down the strip towards the MGM Grand. Finally, the lions had come out to play and there was an enthusiastic crowd on hand to greet them.

As we walked back to the hotel, I could feel my legs and feet getting tired. We bumped into one of Brooke’s Contiki friends who always walked everywhere when he got off the bus. He probably done the whole trip we did on the very first night we got in and I remember him saying something about it being the best way to see the city. Damn right, I say!

I wanted to lie down when I got back to our room and lie down a little but Brooke wouldn’t have a bar of it. It was straight to Hooters Casino for some…food and err…gambling! The place was very full tonight and it was a bit annoying that there were some people occupying the dining area to have drinks and people that wanted to eat (like us) having to eat in the bar area. It’s a free country, I suppose. It was made up the fact that we had two sets of waitresses look after us, since we joined in the shenanigans right at change over.

We finished our huge dinners (my lunch/dinner) and
The LuxorThe LuxorThe Luxor

I saw this from the plane as it was about to land!
thanked our lovely waitress who was amazed at how far we came just for Hooters before heading up the strip all the way to Riviera. At this point, we should have finished up at Coyote Ugly’s but since we had so much fun at Hooters, we had to come back here later.

The Contiki Bus tourists came to the casino in dribs and drabs and by the time the show began, we all entered the auditorium as one. Brooke promised me a top quality show and she wasn’t lying when she said there would be topless dancers during Splash! I thought we’d see a little bit of nudity right at the end before the curtains would be drawn. Oh no, from the onset we had bare breasted dancers. Viva Las Vegas! For the girls, there was a chap who wore black tights and it looked like he had a spare microphone and stand shoved down the front of his pants. Ahem.

The show had tributes to Elvis, Gwen Stefani, Andre 3000 (Brooke’s favourite), as well as ice skaters, curtain dancers and there were these two Spanish comedians. I didn’t catch their names but they almost stole the show
Brooke @ The LuxorBrooke @ The LuxorBrooke @ The Luxor

Hooray for tourist photos!
in the intermissions, taking the time out to pick on a guy in the front row.

“So you..what is your name and where are you from?” asked one of the comedic duo
“I’m Tony from L.A.”
“Tony from L.A. hey? No. I think you are from San Francisco. What is it…the Gay Area?”
The gay jibes rolled on all night.

After the show, I got to ride the Contiki bus for all of 2 miles, down the strip. There were a lot less people on the bus ride back than what came in. We went back to our rooms and then the night really began. First, Brooke and I had unfinished business @ Coyote Ugly’s. We missed the 2 for 1 drinks, but we were treated to a show of girls dancing on the bar, just like in the movie.

We hung around for a bit then we went over to the MGM Grand to meet up with the rest of the Contiki tour bus @ Studio 54. The doorman at Coyote Ugly’s wished me a happy birthday and I got VIP Free entry, but there was no such niceness found on the door here. At least
Kaz, outside LuxorKaz, outside LuxorKaz, outside Luxor

totally lapping up the sunshine!
they let me in with my trainers on!

It seemed like everyone here knew it was my birthday. Then again, it could have something to do with the fact that I was telling everyone it was my birthday. I went to the bar and asked for a normal Johnnie Walker and I got black label! Straight up! I was partying it up with the Contiki tour bus and while one by one they dropped off, retreating to their hotel room, the ones that remained were here to party. Everyone in this nightclub was here to party, and I mean PARTY.

The DJ announces that it’s also his birthday as well. He probably says that every week. But I was saying it tonight to anyone who wanted to listen. I met these two girls; one was Sandy and her friend Christine. Christine looked to be the main decision maker out of the two and Sandy just tagged along, but nonetheless, I didn’t have a problem with that. They could dominate me all they want! Endless free drink after endless free drink meant dirty dancing and outrageous lewdness on the dance floor. After that? Umm…what goes on in Vegas, stays
Being a dick inside the LuxorBeing a dick inside the LuxorBeing a dick inside the Luxor

I wanted a photo of me running into the fountain
in Vegas, I suppose!

As I got back to the hotel, I woke Brooke up and then told her what I got up to. I fell onto the bed and then fell asleep? Who knows?



Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 28


Advertisement

The StripThe Strip
The Strip

That's right. You - strip!
New York, New YorkNew York, New York
New York, New York

Give it a week - I'll be there!!!
Monte CarloMonte Carlo
Monte Carlo

I've known Monte Carlo to be a city and also a biscuit, now its a casino!
The fountains of the Bellagio CasinoThe fountains of the Bellagio Casino
The fountains of the Bellagio Casino

We were treated to a live show later on!


Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb