Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 1st 2005
Published: July 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I see why they call that place sin city. It was a site to see, but we were right in only staying one day. We got to our hotel, which had one of the seedier casinos and went right down to the strip to start looking around. We walked four hours straight without even thinking about it and saw a little more than half the sites. Lots of casino's. Bellagio was the nicest, Caesar's palace was the flashiest and "New York" and the Venitian have recreated the cities they were named for inside, that was the most impressive. MGM has a real Tiger and the Bellagio has the biggest chocolate fountain in the world. I would have liked to dunk my head in it. However, it was clearly not a "family" place with lots of venues for prostitution and sex-shows. I guess its legal there. It felt pretty dark despite the flashy lights. I didn't play blackjack like I thought I might, but a nice suprise was that Ruth--the friend who flew in to meet me in Vegas for the rest of the trip--bought us tickets to see Celine Dion! I wouldn't have ever thought to go, but she really wanted to so got me a ticket to. It was really an amazing show. I want to be Celine now. She is a talented lady. It had a lot of "vegas" quality and showmanship stuff that wouldn't have worked in a touring concert. I guess she stays at Ceasar's all the time. I highly reccomend that show. Vegas is a fun place for a day. After all our walking we weren't in the mood for tons of hiking the next day at the Grand Canyon.

I can't imagine what its like there around 3am. Its rare to see a town where its ignored that most people are drinking and smoking weed in public, I didn't see any cops! I remember a time when I might have thought that would be a site to see.

Got a quick pic of the Hoover Dam on the way out. Forgot to get a pick of our shady hotel casino. It wasn't like some of the more "happy" casino's in town. But I did get a pic of Ruth when she wasn't expecting it in the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019kb