Pre-Trip Thoughts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska
April 29th 2012
Published: April 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It has been almost 7 months since we all made the conscious decision to spend our last summer traveling throughout India providing medical relief and volunteering at various locations. We have spent these months fundraising, supporting our classmates going on other trips, and preparing for our own experience; all of this preparation will finally come to fruition in just a few short weeks.

Personally I want to thank you all for your hard work and for the sacrifices, both time and monetary, you have made. What we are about to embark on will not be easy; however, it is not without purpose.

Never underestimate the ability of a small group of committed individuals to change the world". (Margaret Mead )



We have entered the medical profession to do just that- help those who are in need. Without a doubt we will affect the lives of some of the people we meet while in India; however, I believe it is our lives that will be changed the most. Service is not a one way street, it is a mutual human experience shared between individuals. I can't say how our lives are going to be different, or even if it will be a tangible change, but anytime a human interaction occurs of such magnitude a piece of ourselves or the world is exposed.

I think there's a point where you realize the world has just been revealed to you...It's sort of, Oh no, things will never be quite the same again. (Ophelia Dahl)



We are going to be busy, tired, and hot- don't forget to slow down and take time each day to reflect on why we are there, and why we chose the field of medicine. Take time to experience the culture, really get to know the people on a personal level, and before we leave think about what you want out of this service opportunity...

More to come,

Project CURA- India










Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb