Monday, May 31


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
June 2nd 2010
Published: June 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another clear morning and 40 degrees outside. We are saying goodbye to Wyoming as we head to Glacier NP and Waterton NP which is in Montana and Canada. To get to Montana we had to go back up through Yellowstone as it has the only main road out to where we are going. On the way back through we stopped by Old Faithful for a rest break and arrived just in time to see it erupt again! Further down the road towards West Yellowstone we came upon some buffalo right in the middle of our lane. We had to slow down to about 5 miles per hour for about 10 minutes until they decided to go a different direction! I will say that now at this point, seeing a buffalo is like seeing a cow: no big deal, unless they are coming toward you that is. Montana is another beautiful state with lots of rolling green hills and snow capped mountains in the distance. Two things I will remember Montana for are log cabins and rafting. Both are very popular here. We saw many beautiful log homes that we would love to live in.  We stopped in the capital of Montana at Helena for fuel and food. We also found a huge car wash to wash our Suburban and trailer in. We are planning on camping in the US tonight near Shelby, MT and then head into Canada tomorrow. Glacier NP and Waterton are right next to each other so we are going to stay in Waterton NP in Canada tomorrow night and see both parks during the day tomorrow. It is sprinkling and 55 degrees right now, but is supposed to be 36 for the high in Glacier. Just for a little “FYI”, we have traveled 3300 miles now….and Julie has only driven for about 4 hours of it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb